HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Turkey Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/turkey-hunting-5/)
-   -   Turkey Hunter Killed in Accidental Shooting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/turkey-hunting/320716-turkey-hunter-killed-accidental-shooting.html)

BigBuck95 03-31-2010 11:02 AM

Turkey Hunter Killed in Accidental Shooting

http://www.redbluffdailynews.com/ci_...e=most_emailed

"The cause of death is still being investigated."
WOW.

Nevertheless, a sad story......

Mojotex 03-31-2010 11:50 AM

Tragic. Unfortunately such happens far too often .... seen it here in Alabama several times over the past 40 years. Folks shooting "movement". I just do not understand that.

Turkey Goddess 03-31-2010 12:35 PM

When will people learn to wait until they SEE their target before they shoot??? Shooting at movement is just plain and simply stupid -

What a sad story. Sad for the family of the man who was killed and also for his buddy who would do ANYTHING to turn back the hands of time... I'm sure...

Kim

J162 03-31-2010 12:39 PM

Which is why if i go with one of my friends i will be wearing Blaze orange. I don't care if the bird see's me, but better safe than sorry. A tragic story for sure. :sad: I hope the man new God.

fingerz42 03-31-2010 01:23 PM

The shooter should be tried for involuntary manslaughter. If you can't go into the woods with the responsibility and understanding that once you pull the trigger something on the other end is going to die, and you can't positively identify your target prior to shooting, you deserve a consequence.

Sheridan 03-31-2010 01:27 PM

Shooting rule # 1 = be sure of your intended target AND beyond !!!

NO excuses !!!!!!!

Garringer55 03-31-2010 04:41 PM

Wow, thats sad... and like everyone else is saying, why the heck didnt he wait to see what it was??

dog killer 03-31-2010 04:50 PM

No accident......just stupidity !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

anglingarchitect 03-31-2010 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by dog killer (Post 3605296)
No accident......just stupidity !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still sad unless they were drunk then it's manslaughter!

IL-Cornfed 03-31-2010 06:18 PM

Man, every season we see this stuff happen! People shooting at movement and not a target! You would think that most accidents would happen with idiots shooting at someone elses decoy but instead it gets even dumber than that.... shooting at anything that moves!!!!

RockyMtnGobblers 03-31-2010 06:37 PM

Yet another DUMB _SS shooting without IDENTIFYING HIS TARGET !!!!

There are far to many IDIOTS hunting!..... hell their not hunting their just shooting!

He deserves the guilt he now has to live with the rest of his life, I feel for his victim and his family, I am sorry for their loss.

Arrowmaster 03-31-2010 07:11 PM

dang may god bless his family and friends. I hate it :(

GreatHunterWannabe 03-31-2010 08:06 PM

That sucks, I hope people will learn from this.

LifexIsxHunting 03-31-2010 08:08 PM

Wow it was very iresponsible what he did and to me honest I feel bad for the guy thatcshot him, that's something he will have to live with the rest of his life.

KitsapCaller 03-31-2010 10:58 PM

There has to be some accountability for this stupid mistake. Sorry, it can't go completely unpunished.

Krypt Keeper 04-01-2010 08:08 AM

One of my wifes friends lost her father the same way. He was dying from cancer and wanted to enjoy some turkey hunting while he still could get into the woods. A trespasser (poacher) on the property saw some movement and shot into the brush hitting him with buckshot.

They all say he died doing what he loved (minus the being shot) and the guy was caught and brought up on manslaughter, trespassing and whatever else.

Really makes you think, I hope to take my 5 yr old son with me some for turkey and deer.

maytom 04-01-2010 11:39 AM

What ever happened to actually, "seeing a visable beard" and "identifying that it is indeed a Gobbler", before pulling the trigger????? I can't fathom someone actually doing something like this. No excuse, plain and simple. That person goes to jail for 25 years to life!! It was an accident???? BS!!!

It's like the driver who pulls out in front of a motorcyclist, then claims he didn't "see" him?????

No excuses for stupidity.....

Todd1700 04-01-2010 09:10 PM

When will people learn to wait until they SEE their target before they shoot??? Shooting at movement is just plain and simply stupid -
Absolutely. I mean you should be aiming at a specific spot on a turkey (head/neck). If you can't even see the object well enough to tell it's a human and not a turkey then just exactly what part of the animal did you think you were aiming at? I have no sympathy for bush shooting idiots. Rather than treating events like this as some random sad accident they should at the very least be charging these dangerous goobers with something like reckless endangerment if their victim survives and negligent homicide if they don't.

iamgreatwhite 04-02-2010 04:17 AM

Not only is this tragic, sad, stupid, and irresponsible. But it just gives more ammo to the people that are trying to take our guns away. Anti-hunting people eat this stuff up.