Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Squealing hen call

Old 03-25-2010, 06:50 PM
DTC
Nontypical Buck

I think will order it at the same time I order the Deer View Mirror for my treestand.
Old 03-25-2010, 07:02 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by DTC
I think will order it at the same time I order the Deer View Mirror for my treestand.
Let me know when that will be. Maybe we can get a few guys on here to order together and they might give us a discount if we buy a whole case...

rw
Old 03-25-2010, 07:02 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by DTC
Haha. Don't forget about that turkey scent from the first page... Lol
Old 03-25-2010, 07:12 PM
Typical Buck

Two years ago in VT I heard this on hunt. Here's a quote from hunt in which I posted on my forum.

"The hen getting breed started making a weird high pitch squeal and all the hens turn and started running towards her. The gobbler jumped off and she stood up walking towards me bent over shaking her whole body like a wet dog. Just as the hen got to her she stood up straight and when back to chasing them to me"

So I'm 100% positive it is actually call but in the 20+ years of turkey hunting, hearing it only once isn't going to convince me it's worth using. Best of luck with it
Old 03-26-2010, 04:10 AM
Typical Buck

I heard it performs best once the gobbler is very close, already committed and within range... Success rates are very high when using it on birds within 40 yards, LOL Of course, Wayne Carlton uses a similar tactic in which he talks loudly and clearly and says, "Excuse Me!," just before taking the shot! I bet that must be a miracle call, too!

Last edited by Screamin Steel; 03-26-2010 at 04:12 AM.
Old 04-07-2010, 09:18 AM
Typical Buck

Default call

I'd put this one with HS Struts "Kruncher Deer Call"!
Old 04-07-2010, 12:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

No thanks on the screaming hen. As for the turkey scent, I can't wait to try that stuff. All my problems will be solved.
Old 04-07-2010, 12:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a freind, who thinks it's a gimmick. I'm really interested in the Tink's Turkey Scent. I can't wait to hear from MK-M-GOBL how it works.

I never knew that turkeys relied on their sense of smell. I wonder now if it was the Fig Newtons I was eating 2 weeks ago, or my calling that drew my turkley into range.
Old 04-07-2010, 04:04 PM
Typical Buck

I almost bought that call but decided against it.
I have read several times that turkeys sense of smell is not very good, I don't think you need any masking sent etc.
I have been within feet of many hens and a few gobblers, one even almost stepped on me I had sweat and campfire smoke on me, they could care less and acted completely normal.
Old 04-07-2010, 06:05 PM
Typical Buck

I truly believe that turkeys are attracted to the scent of fish. I've had fairly good success getting birds into range with Goldfish cracker scent on my fingers and crumbs on the front of my turkey vest. Even the generic ones, the cheddar Whales, work well. That's usually what I swipe from the kids' snack cabinet before heading to the turkey woods. That reminds me that I need to stock up on Goldfish before my season comes in. Hmm. A snack sounds good right now...

rw

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.