Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
Hevi-shot magnum blend thru a Kicks GT 665 >

Hevi-shot magnum blend thru a Kicks GT 665

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Hevi-shot magnum blend thru a Kicks GT 665

Old 03-20-2010, 05:48 PM
Fork Horn

Default Hevi-shot magnum blend thru a Kicks GT 665

Has anyone shot the hevi-shot thru a Kicks choke? I just picked up a box of the new Hevi-shot mag. blend in 3.5 #5#6#7.
Kicks doesnt recommend it thru their chokes, but does anyone know why, or if bad things will happen?

thanks,
Old 03-21-2010, 09:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've shot the Magnum Blend 3", 2oz loads through a .660 Indian Creek and WOW.... they are awesome!!! I know I read a thread where someone was going to test them through a Kicks choke.
Old 03-21-2010, 10:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by SGT.H
Has anyone shot the hevi-shot thru a Kicks choke? I just picked up a box of the new Hevi-shot mag. blend in 3.5 #5#6#7.
Kicks doesnt recommend it thru their chokes, but does anyone know why, or if bad things will happen?

thanks,
Kick's doesn't recommend it because their choke tubes are not rated for heavier than lead loads.
Worse case scenario is the choke tube splits/blows out, ruins your barrel, and possibly does damage to the shooter. Having said that there are several people that shoot heavier than lead loads out of them. Personally, I do not.
Old 03-21-2010, 05:39 PM
Spike

I tried hevi #5's thru my kicks tube but the shot was thown way low. Had to back off to a less restricting tube.
Old 03-21-2010, 06:21 PM
Fork Horn

I just figure its a liability thing with kicks. No reason it wouldn't shoot the hevi-shot and all the other top brands will.