Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
The most life like Turkey Decoys I have ever seen >

The most life like Turkey Decoys I have ever seen

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

The most life like Turkey Decoys I have ever seen

Old 02-19-2010, 04:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Man those are nice! Thanks to the guy who posted the link. I'm probably gonna have to pick up the standing hen. Would like to get the jake too but may have to wait till next year on that.
Old 02-21-2010, 09:26 AM
Spike

maytom i thought u were going to ask if they might fight.lol..them decoys cost the price of a gun
Old 02-22-2010, 03:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default DSD's and decoy bags

They are spendy for sure but These things are flat out awesome.....
I have the hard plastic version of the jake and upright hen and together they really are deadly. My Jake was pummeled by several mature birds last spring and the hen had live hens actually brushing against it and "cuddling" with the new girl.
I saw the new softer version a couple weeks ago and they are VERY nice.....lighter and quieter than the ones I have but look identical to the eye.

I don't see something that is probably going to last me a lifetime of hunting and IMO do it better than cheap decoys as a poor decision financially.........it's an investment in many future successful seasons.

Also wanted to send a link out to you guys looking for a PERFECT decoy bag for these.......I have the single and double bags and worth every penny. The bags you get with the decoys are just paper thin noisy nylon junk.

http://www.customgunsocks.com/
Old 02-23-2010, 04:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by BAMAbowhunter270
anyone that pays that much for turkey decoys is crazy. Apparently there made of gold for the price they want. why would anyone pay $400+ dollars for a set of turkey decoys. My Primos decoys work just fine for me........and they are WHOLE LOT cheaper!!
I agree bama, whoever pays near $500 for some dang turkey decoys has got a few wires crossed upstairs! They look dang good yeah, but dad gum, that's just stupid. I don't care if I was a gozillionaire, you don't go throwing money away like that. That guy's making a living off people who think they need a work of freakin art in a field to kill a bird, I can't get over that.
Old 02-23-2010, 04:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

people and their bags of gear, good grief.
Old 02-23-2010, 04:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by IL-Cornfed
Thats like saying a shotgun is a shotgun!!! Sure ANY ol' shotgun will kill a turkey but it's the specialty guns that take your game to the next level! Thus a decoy is NOT just a decoy! You'd be amazed at the difference

The DSD's aren't even comparable to other decoys and the birds respond entirely different to them. They truly do look real to the birds and they don't hesitate to come in. The last couple seasons I've hunted over DSD's have totally changed the way I look at decoying and point blank turkey hunting! What we've witnessed while hunting over the DSD's has been nothing short of incredible... almost like cheating... LOL!

You really have to see these things in action in your own woods to believe 'em.

I use the DSD Upright Hen and the Jake but this season I'm also adding their newest Hen offerings. I can't wait til' April !!!

Good luck and good huntin' everyone
My calling on a diaphragm IS cheating, and if the game warden ever hears my calling he'll ban me for life . Decoys were just legalized a few years back here in Alabama. We've been CALLING turkeys into shotgun range for years around here with no decoys. We can call em in with a bruton snuff can and a durex rubber if we have to. If you're good enough to call em within 15 steps of you, ANY OLD SHOTGUN will work just fine. I own an 870 sps-t super mag, specialty turkey gun like you mentioned, and I'll be the first to tell you that it's NOT the gun that took my turkey hunting to new levels, it was my CALLING and EXPERIENCE in the woods.
Old 02-23-2010, 07:29 AM
Typical Buck

Those look great...I'd say Floozies are also a great deke but about the same price. I'll try to post a pic for y'all.

Last edited by Screamin Steel; 02-23-2010 at 07:32 AM.
Old 03-25-2010, 03:26 AM
Fork Horn

I just bought the upright hen last night!!!

Here is some pics of the hen at work from there web site.I hope I get the same results!

Old 03-25-2010, 01:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

if i had alot of extra money layen around dang right id buy em they look like the real deal but ill stick to me $5 foam decoys
Old 03-25-2010, 01:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

holy crap just saw the pix u posted man looks really great man!hope she worx for u

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.