Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Turkey's seen strutting

Old 02-06-2010, 07:10 PM
Typical Buck

Default Turkey's seen strutting

I've got a buddy that has already seen a couple toms strutting in a hay field. Seems kinda' early for central Alabama.......maybe the boys are going to be fired up this year.

I just hope their stamina is good and not just good out the gate.
Old 02-06-2010, 07:27 PM
Super Moderator

How warms it been down there. I see strutters in March here in Indiana. Were about a month behind Alabama. Could be possible...
Old 02-06-2010, 08:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Things way out west of west are looking like early action this spring too. Toms are starting to posture a little in open fields.
Old 02-06-2010, 08:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

We live in a area where we see turkeys everyday of the year and have seen them strutting in the middle of the winter . Its not just when breeding season is on that they will strut .
Old 02-07-2010, 06:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hard to see turkeys strutting in 40,000 acres of hard woods... So I wont be seeing that for at least 2 month
Old 02-07-2010, 03:13 PM
Fork Horn

Yeah i seen 2 toms strutting in late December during muzzleloader season here in Michigan.

Originally Posted by halcon
We live in a area where we see turkeys everyday of the year and have seen them strutting in the middle of the winter . Its not just when breeding season is on that they will strut .
Old 02-07-2010, 03:37 PM
Fork Horn

Heard two birds gobble yesterday afternoon, while shed hunting.
Old 02-08-2010, 05:55 AM
Typical Buck

Turkeys are weird like this sometimes

I remember a few years ago I was on the way to play golf with a buddy of mine in south-central Tennessee. It was July. I am always looking around for critters when driving in rural areas and on this day I saw a group of hens out in a small field with a strutting gobbler about 150 yards from the road. I didn't believe my eyes so I turned arouned and went back to verify - there he was, strutting his crazy butt off following those hens around that field. IN JULY - In Tennessee - and it was HOT.

Turkeys do really crazy things sometimes.
Old 02-08-2010, 06:42 AM
JW
Super Moderator

I saw three Toms yesterday going at it a bit......jumping around and trying to spur each other and the field was snow covered.

JW
Old 02-08-2010, 06:42 AM
Fork Horn

I've seen birds struting and gobbling earley and the season suck. But seen it again and had one of the best seasons ever. Don't think well ever know whats going on in that head of theres.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.