Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

My 09 Spring Turkey

Old 01-11-2010, 08:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default My 09 Spring Turkey

Ok I am a little late posting this guy but I just found the turkey forum...lol

he has a 5 inch bear and weighed 17 pounds he only had bump's for spur's...my first bird by the way and it was a great hunt!Would make a awsome story!

I wasnt gonna tell the story but I cant help it lol....
Me and dad were driven down a dirt road to a guys land that we hunt...we pulled over by a gate and got out and as soon as my door opens I thought I heard one gobble!I told dad but he said...I didnt hear nothing must be your imagination(of course)so he gets back in and a crow starts talken and than I hear him again so I tell dad and he says he heard it too...so we trot to the top of a hill and blow the hoot owl call nothen I do my EXPERT crow call(just my mouth)and he answers so we run down to a little ride away me and dad are just shooten the breeze too the spot we were gonna set up when a "squirell nest"I was watching stuck out its neck and gobbled and started strutting on the roost so me and dad were in the middle of a 50 yard open spot on a rideaway and wandering which side to head to so we go to the bird's side set up and dad does some hen calls on the slate real quiet...the bird says nothing...I am waiting on the timber side shaken like a leaf and than I hear...foof foof foof and watch the bird pitch out 80 yards away my heart sinks we didnt hear the bird for 15 minutes my dad sticks out his head from behind the brush and his eyes get really big and he says...he is coming and he is coming hard!so I get set and pear through the brush I can hear him spiting and drumming but I dont see him...than I see him start strutting dad does a call with the slate and the bird stops strutten and does a 20 yard sprint I whisper to dad hes in range but dad says wait till I can see him so I wait the longest 15 seconds of my life and as soon as I heard dad so okay i let him ahve it....it was more exciting if you were their I cut out some of the story if you can believe that lol

OH and the day before I shot this guy my mom asked if I was ever gonna kill one because I had been trying for 5 year's lol...I showed her!

Last edited by Hunting Kuk; 01-11-2010 at 08:03 AM.
Old 01-11-2010, 02:24 PM
PHA
Fork Horn

Great story - you will always remember your first turkey and the time spent with dad in the woods. Hope to see another photo in 2010!
Old 01-11-2010, 02:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

meeee 2 lol
Old 01-11-2010, 05:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great story! Sounds like a blast. Nothing like a good turkey hunting story to get me fired up for season.
Old 01-14-2010, 06:47 AM
Fork Horn

better late than never...nice bird
Old 01-14-2010, 02:29 PM
Fork Horn

nice bird i got my first this year too mine was just a little smaller than yours..
Old 01-14-2010, 02:33 PM
PHA
Fork Horn

It's great to see a couple of young hunters getting the turkey bug too! Make sure you tell your friends how much fun this hunting thing really is - you guys are the future of the sport.
Old 01-14-2010, 04:08 PM
JW
Super Moderator

Congrats - My very first was a Jake not much bigger than you got.

JW
Old 01-14-2010, 04:17 PM
Fork Horn

Hey JW, nice bird buddy! You should be really proud to take a bird like that, my first bird was way smaller, and I was WAY older than you!
Old 01-16-2010, 10:49 AM
Fork Horn

Hay, I like your turkey, how much did it weigh?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.