Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Mouth call question

Old 12-22-2009, 01:29 PM
Fork Horn

Yeah Primos has the precut mouth calls (smaller) that allow you to control the call alittle better in your mouth.
Old 12-23-2009, 06:25 AM
Fork Horn

When I started using a mouth call about 25 years ago, I was working Construction for my cousin, who was a custom home builder. We would converse all day with turkey calls, it was hilarious! But, using the call for conversation got me used to making all kinds of sounds at all kinds of volumes.

When I first got married, I used to drive my wife crazy with the diaphragm calls. She used to tell her friends "how can you fight with a person who sounds like Donald Duck"?

Basically, it was like learning to play a musical instrument, the more time I spent with the call in my mouth, the more polished the sounds became

Best of Luck
Jeff
Old 12-23-2009, 06:38 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks for the help, lots of good info there!
HAve a Great Blessed and Merry CHRISTmas everyone!
Dandbuck