Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
Turkey Choke for Remington 870??? >

Turkey Choke for Remington 870???

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Turkey Choke for Remington 870???

Old 12-12-2009, 07:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by kentuckybucks
first off welcome to the world of turkey hunting and for the choke i shoot a kicks gobblin thunder .655 constriction with winchester extended range #5 shot this combo has always thrown great patterns for me but if your not wanting to spend that much on a choke the jelly head and the undertaker are both great chokes for the money..their is probably more out there but these are the only ones ive had
Ditto that!!

I use to use Winchester HV 3" #5's along with a Tru-Glo Strutstopper choke sized .665 years ago, but I'm a huge fan of Nitro hevishot loads and a Rhino .660 choke tube now.
Old 12-13-2009, 08:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

There are alot of good chokes out there and the absolute best option is to try a few and see what patterns good for you. If you are looking for a good choke to try that isn't overly expensive, I am another big fan of the HS undertaker choke tube. It patterns great out of my Remington 11-87. Give it a try.
Old 12-16-2009, 07:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Mr. Longbeard
I'll tell u what I tell everyone that has a Remington... Get the Remington superfull turkey choke. A box of Winchester HV #5 turkey loads... And a few turkey targets to pattern your new set up...
I agree on the choke. I have tried several different chokes in my 870 and have had the best luck w/ the regular Remington Super Full Turkey.
Old 12-16-2009, 11:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

The stock Modified choke that I got with my 870 express is what dumped my turkey this year at 40yds. Flipped it completely over. You don't HAVE to spend extra money. However, you do have to pattern. So pattern first with what you have, if it isn't what you need, then buy something different.
Old 12-16-2009, 06:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Now he's real confused. The best bang for your bucks with the 870 is the Undertaker and the Jellyhead. I have both, but use the Jellyhead.
Old 12-20-2009, 12:43 AM
Dominant Buck

I've got the 870 Super mag..and to me what is even more important was putting on the Gobbler Dot adjustable site..Then along wth my Tru Glo turkey choke I am now getting awesome patterns..I shoot 3 inch Remington Nitros

I also get incredible groups at 100 yds shooting 2 3/4 in Winchester slugs out of my umproved cylinder choke.

The 870 is the best shotgun I've owned.
Old 12-20-2009, 06:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Man dont say that too loud... You'll have all the Benelli shooters panty's in a up roar lol