Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Camo on guns....

Old 12-06-2009, 04:29 PM
JW
Super Moderator

Give you another reason not to get a camoed gun......

Make that great shot!......Bird goes down and in the excitement you lay your gun down to grush out and to gather your trophy and then have one heck of a time finding your camoed gun!

Easier to find if the gun is not camoed!

And with any gun the bird is looking straight at you and all it should see as far as a gun pointed at it is O

JW
Old 12-09-2009, 01:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here's the last thing a limit of geese saw one morning in Sask. A 12ga O, right before everything went dark.
Attached Thumbnails Camo on guns....-2-joe-aiming-jab.jpg  
Old 12-09-2009, 02:35 PM
JW
Super Moderator

Great photo Joe!

Will PM you to ask for permission to glean a copy.

That is my point exactly All the bird may see is a big ole O behind a camo clad hunter!

Camo on gun does do one other thing. It makes taking care of it easier and far less rust! Other than that - any gun will work.

Movement is the key

JW
Old 12-09-2009, 03:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

I agree with most on here that camo isn't that important, but if you aren't gonna have a camo gun, go with one in matte black. Shiny blued barrels can cause a glare and scare of a wary gobbler. If all you have is a gun with a blued barrel, I recommend putting camo gun tape on it before turkey season.
Old 12-09-2009, 03:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

i like the camo better cause i dont have ta do as much gun maintenance ..i e the bluin rustin...and there is no way im losin my gun lol...unacceptable lol if i do i will print this and eat it!!!!

i like camo.. my buddy said he didnt like my camo rifle, but then he went and bought one, told me he musta just been jealous...took about 8 months for him to buy it..
Old 12-10-2009, 04:58 PM
Fork Horn

i would not bash a comoed gun nor a blued one if it works and its what you got great use it