Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
Fall Wild Turkey Hunting Season Cancelled in Arkansas >

Fall Wild Turkey Hunting Season Cancelled in Arkansas

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Fall Wild Turkey Hunting Season Cancelled in Arkansas

Old 10-18-2009, 03:38 PM
Spike

the highest turkey count in Virginia last year was like 143 in one county, 2 or 3 others were over 100 but the rest were down in the 80's and some in the 20's if I recall correctly some counties had a 0 count. That doesn't surprise me though because some places in VA are very populated. I have lived in VA for over 5 years now and I haven't seen one wild turkey.
Old 10-18-2009, 03:51 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
lots of them in shenadoah, rockingham counties.
RR
Yeah, but where are you hunting, that is the problem for me. I don't know where to hunt because I don't have time or resources to make a 2 hour drive out there just to look around, let alone sit in the woods to make sure there is anything there. I don't even know where to start. I have a good plot of woods right by the house I have been hunting since I moved here and it is thick with deer, but that's it.
Old 10-18-2009, 04:04 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
george washington nat. forest near a lil town called orkney springs, get high against great north mountain and cluck and cackle on a box call, they'll answer.
spring hunting is tough now, they're still trying to adapt to the intrusion of the coyotes around here, but if you hit a year when does drop fawns before season ends it gets pretty good.
RR
Well, I'd rather coyote hunt anyway.