Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 FINALLY!!!  My first Turkey!!! >

FINALLY!!! My first Turkey!!!

Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

FINALLY!!! My first Turkey!!!

Old 05-20-2003, 09:20 PM
Spike

Default FINALLY!!! My first Turkey!!!

Well I finally bagged my first turkey. It only took 4 years, but my patience paid off.

Yeah, I know some of you guys might be LOL, but after a couple of years of hunting in groups and trying to learn about turkey' s and then another couple of years of doing it myself, my persistance and patience paid off.

It was an average sized Merriam @ 18lbs and an 8 1/2 in beard. Not bad for my first.

Now hopefully I can do it again next weekend for my brother who hasn' t had a chance to go this year yet.
Old 05-20-2003, 09:29 PM

Default RE: FINALLY!!! My first Turkey!!!

that feeling you have is called " Hooked for life" Congrats on a very nice bird and truth be told, a not so bad learning curve to go from none to your first.
Old 05-20-2003, 10:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats! That' s got to be one special turkey. Well now you went and did it. You' ll be worthless from now on every spring whenever you hear a gobble or see a turkey. How ' bout a picture? What' s the story?
Old 05-20-2003, 10:40 PM

Not many of us would LOL, especially my self it took me four years to finally bag a jake and five to get one identical to yours. Nicely done congrats on getting hooked on the sport
Old 05-20-2003, 10:53 PM

Don' t think you will see much LOL going around...took many turkey hunters several seasons to bag the first.

Congratulations on your first bird, I believe Wooddust said it best....you are now " hooked for life" .

I commend you on your persistence because I believe that any turkey hunter will tell you that it is the key. Pay your dues, learn as much as possible and get in the woods!

Again congratulations...tell us how it all went down!
Old 05-20-2003, 11:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats man! I just got my first turk a few days ago too...and boy is it a good feeling!

4 years? Not bad, took me a few more than that, consider yourself lucky.

Congrats on the first bird, sounds like a dandy. Good job!
Old 05-21-2003, 12:52 AM

Congrats B.M.C on the first of hopefully many!!! Remember all good things come to those who wait[X(] whoever made up that one!!! Best of luck next week!!!
Old 05-21-2003, 03:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

know EXACTLY what youre feelin' ........took me til my 4th season to harvest one, but when i did, them years just disapeared congrats on an awseome hunt
Old 05-21-2003, 04:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on your first of many more to come.
Old 05-21-2003, 09:05 AM
Fork Horn

Congrats on your first bird.....four years isnt to bad, the first one is always the hardest! Way to go.

Quick Reply: FINALLY!!! My first Turkey!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.