Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 PA guys, is it almost over? >

PA guys, is it almost over?

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

PA guys, is it almost over?

Old 05-18-2009, 04:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default PA guys, is it almost over?

Just curious as to how everyone else's season is going. I've been out the past two days and never heard a gobble. I did have a long beard on a road below me that paid absolutely no attention to my calling. He was cleaning himself and pecking around at about 10 AM.

Do you guys think the season is about finished? Just curious. How late have you all killed a bird in season?
Old 05-18-2009, 05:06 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: PA guys, is it almost over?

IT'S NEVER OVER...just another day in the season that seems to be a year long quest anymore..I've killed more the last week than any other week since the first season back in 1968.. TRUE, some seasons are memorable and some are not.. seems this year I've heard more gobblers than in the last five.. also I've noticed more hens around than usual.. yesterday I watched an ole' long ****** his harem of 8 adult hens right out in the middle of a field.. 8 hensthis late in the season is not normal for our area.. the hens are still talking alot in our area.. they don't seem to be in any hurry to sit.. I did see two of those 8 yeaterday leave him and return in about half an hour.. guess they layed an egg and returned..SO, don't give up.. keep at er'..sooner or later it'll happen.. BUT NEVER LOOSE FAITH...I remember ole'BEN LEEquoting WAYNE BAILEY once back in the early 70's.. gobbler hunting..simple, summedit up inthree words..FAITH-HOPE-CHARITY !!!
Old 05-19-2009, 01:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: PA guys, is it almost over?

Exactly what Frank said.Adrian J. Hare and my son both took older birds yesterday(I'm tagged out and had to work)They heard at least 8 different birds gobble.Adrian comes down every year fron Canada to hunt and always comes the last week and always scores.