HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Turkey Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/turkey-hunting-5/)
-   -   Free NRA Membership (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/turkey-hunting/293187-free-nra-membership.html)

Semisane 05-01-2009 12:20 PM

Free NRA Membership

I would assume everyone here is a member of the National Rifle Association. If you aren't, the NRA is giving FREE 1-year memberships to everyone who wants to join. They are trying to increase official membershipto aid in the fight forour right to keep and bear arms. It is very important thatcongress understandshow many people understandthe Second Amendment is there to protect the people from the government.

Just click on the linkbelow and fill out the electronic form. DO IT NOW!

https://www.nrahq.org/nrabonus/accept-membership.asp

Register your spouse and kids. Tell your friends.

Centaur 1 05-01-2009 07:02 PM

RE: Free NRA Membership

This deal is legitimate and one heck of a deal, I joined using it about a month ago. There always seemed to be bills to pay that were more important than joining but this deal is too good to pass up on. Just think of the message that this would send to the new administration and predominately left wing congress in Washington if all sportsmen in America were to join.

Centaur 1 05-03-2009 09:21 AM

ttt

earnabuck 05-03-2009 07:42 PM

Are people trying to take your guns away? Who? Where are they? I think there are more pressing issues going on in the world right now. I wouldn't worry too much about that. Of course, your both from the South so I'm surprised by the irrational fears. You should be able to shoot that swine flu away, especially if you can have automatic weapons.

mouthcaller 05-04-2009 03:14 AM

ORIGINAL: earnabuck

Are people trying to take your guns away? Who? Where are they? I think there are more pressing issues going on in the world right now. I wouldn't worry too much about that. Of course, your both from the South so I'm surprised by the irrational fears. You should be able to shoot that swine flu away, especially if you can have automatic weapons.

I didn't realize Nance Pelosi had a relative living in Winconsin

Care to explain that irrational comment about Southerners? Would you like to inform us why you are souptight because I and others choose to defend our constitutional right to own firearms?

My father and I guided a group of people from Wisconsin waterfowl hunting for many years. Super nice guys. You obviously aren't one of them.

Have a nice day

earnabuck 05-04-2009 06:58 PM

You certainly have the constitutional right. The fact is southerners tend to be republican, and they have this unfounded notion that democrats are on a mission to take everyones guns away. What sort of guns are you afraid that will be taken away. Losing firearms has not even been an issue discussed by the media, yet people seem to think that whenever a democrat comes to power all of our arms will be taken away. I apologize for being a little snooty before, and I made a generalization that is probably fairly accurate. Join the NRA, that is fine with me, but please stop claiming that our firearms will be taken away. Unless you have an assault weapon that is very dear to your heart I wouldn't worry about losing any "hunting" weapons. In my opinion there is no reason to own an assault weapon.

Ken/WV 05-04-2009 10:13 PM

I see both sides of your guys posts, but I agree that there is so much more going on that nothing with guns or the 2nd amendment has even been mentioned.

Centaur 1 05-05-2009 09:34 AM

ORIGINAL: earnabuck

You certainly have the constitutional right. The fact is southerners tend to be republican, and they have this unfounded notion that democrats are on a mission to take everyones guns away. What sort of guns are you afraid that will be taken away. Losing firearms has not even been an issue discussed by the media, yet people seem to think that whenever a democrat comes to power all of our arms will be taken away. I apologize for being a little snooty before, and I made a generalization that is probably fairly accurate. Join the NRA, that is fine with me, but please stop claiming that our firearms will be taken away. Unless you have an assault weapon that is very dear to your heart I wouldn't worry about losing any "hunting" weapons. In my opinion there is no reason to own an assault weapon.
The issues haven't been discussed by the media because they are biased toward thedemocrats. The issues are on the table, has anyone tried to buy handgun ammo recently? I don't have problems with democrats but I view the extreme left as having the wrong opinion as to how to stop violent crimes. Making law abiding citizens buy only ammo that has a seriel number inscribed on the base of the bullet isn't going to stop a criminal from holding up a 7-eleven, and yes this law is on the table right now but you won't see it reported on CNN.

As far as assault weapons are concerned, why can't I own a gun that's just fun to shoot? The second ammendment doesn't say anything about our right to keep and bare "hunting Rifles".

It's time for criminals to pay for their crimes, not us! Do you really think that our current pesident would want to upset his friend Al Sharpton by turning prisons into a place that no one would ever want to go.

earnabuck 05-05-2009 10:09 AM

Maybe its on the table, but its never ever going to pass. If you want an assault weapon because it's fun to shoot, then there is a nut out there that can get an assault weapon too. He'll think its fun to shoot (people). Which is going to cause a bigger problem 300 rounds per minute or 20. I don't deny that guns in peoples hands can deter crime, that isn't the point of this post. The point is that you are afraid all firearms will be taken away. There is no reason to have an assault weapon."Fun to shoot"isn't going to make me feel ok about it. Imagine the crimes that have been committed at Columbine, Virginia Tech, Malls. Imagine if those people had an M16 with 500 rounds. Instead of 10 -15 deaths there would be 50or 60. I know your response of course will be, if people could have had guns on them then they could have shot that sob. Well, maybe, but of course they would have had tobe extremely proficient in using the firearm in order not to harm others. I believe it would potentially be a more dangerous situation.

Steve863 05-05-2009 12:16 PM

As far as assault weapons are concerned, why can't I own a gun that's just fun to shoot? The second ammendment doesn't say anything about our right to keep and bare "hunting Rifles".

Well, if you want to be technical about it the 2nd amendment doesn't say anything about owning cannons, anti-aircraft missiles, etc. yet I don't see the government allowing just any guy on the street to own them. Modern weaponry has come a long way from the muzzleloaders that were the norm when the 2nd amendment was written. You guys are foolish to think that society will be allowed to own anything they please. There are plenty of gun laws on the books already and I have NO doubt that there will be more. Lots of people cling to their beloved 2nd amendment in this country, but these days there are probably more that see it all a bit differently. Being allowed a gun for personal defense is one thing, but being allowed to own weapons that could wreck plenty of havoc is another story. I have a good hunch that this is how people will view gun ownership in the future in this country.