Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Question for you guys

Old 04-29-2009, 02:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Question for you guys

Well i almost scored on my second bird of the season this morning. Heres the story. I get to the blind(i used my bow), and i here gobbles in this deep holler. Well they fly down and shut up. So im sittin there and i here a gobble behind me, so i go get my dekes and move themso the turkey behind me can see them. So im callin to him and a turkey gobbles right behind me at like 20 yards, 4 of them came in totaly silent. So i peek arond the blind and there walking on this 4 wheeler trail which means they'll walk in front of me at like 3 yards so i draw back and get ready. Well i held my draw forwhat seemed like forever and i had to let down. As soon as i let down i see them, and they see me and start clucking. So i thought i needed to do something so i tried to draw slowly, but they saw me. Now as they went away they didnt really run away, they just walked away, and they were still gobbling like crazy but i couldn't get them to come back in. So what do you guys think, will they be back? Should i give it day or two before i go back there? Any opinions would be appriciated. Thanks for reading!
Old 04-29-2009, 03:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Question for you guys

If they were still gobbling as they left then you didnt do too much harm. They just knew something was wrong but the didnt know what. If you can wait a day or two fine, if not dont sweat it. They will have forgotten what happened after a couple hours anyway.
Old 04-29-2009, 03:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks Buck, thats the answer washoping for. Ill probably leave it alone till the weekend. Thanks again!
Old 04-29-2009, 06:09 PM
Typical Buck

I'll second that. I would think that if they were still gobbling, they weren't spooked too badly. If they're still roosting in the same area, I'd give it a shot again.
Old 04-30-2009, 03:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

They circled around and went right back where they had roosted, gobbling all the way back. Ill give it a shot Sat. Im takin a friend of mine that has never been turkey hunting before so we'll see what happens. Thanks guys.
Old 05-04-2009, 11:09 AM
Fork Horn

How did that end up for you?
Old 05-04-2009, 05:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

He got one!No pics cuz my camera was dead and my phone took a crap on me. He didnt kill one of the 4 isaw but he killedhim in the same area. He came in totally silent, no birds were gobbling. He came in and Jeremy actually spooked him and shot when he was running away. 2 year old bird(i think), 20lbs, 10in beard 3/4in spurs. He's ruined now!