HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Turkey Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/turkey-hunting-5/)
-   -   What's your favorite animal to hunt? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/turkey-hunting/292808-whats-your-favorite-animal-hunt.html)

thunderchickenfrenzy 04-26-2009 04:59 PM

What's your favorite animal to hunt?

What's your guys favorite animals to hunt its always been deer for me 10:1 but this years turkey season calling in big gobblers having them strutting-gobbling less than 10yds have totally changed me I don't know which I like more I like them both different things better than others but I sure love them both!!

GreatHunterWannabe 04-26-2009 05:40 PM

RE: What's your favorite animal to hunt?

I'm traditionally an elk hunter, but lately I really turkey hunting, spring provides a whole different setting and its fun to see the forest come back to life after winter.

cahaba 04-27-2009 07:22 PM

turkeys turkeys turkeys. I had rather turkey hunt than any thing.

huntnma 04-28-2009 01:46 AM

Turkeys

bowmanaj 04-28-2009 08:42 AM

Deer...However turkey hunting is growing on meBIG time. After the last 2 weeks,I think I'vebecome addicted to hunting turkeys.After killingmy first couple deer with a bow, I thought I'd feel the same adrenaline rush, ever again. However, having a tom gobble his head off and strut at 10 yards from me, changed that. Turkey hunting is a friggin rush and a half!

mohunter82 04-28-2009 08:45 AM

TURKEY TURKEY. is there anything else to hunt? NOWAY! lol in case you cant tell i love turkey

talonfoe 08-27-2009 08:18 AM

Honestly, turkey, deer, rabbit, squirrel don't matter much. In the woods with game on the mind and in the area is a rush. Yeah you says squirrel or rabbit pfft. Got my 1st rabbit last year in the barn yard while letting the kids practice with the 410. Single shot at full run don't know how I hit him on the draw. We ate him for lunch. kids loved it. Wife still gettin back into eating venison so I don't push. Tried bowin a few rabbits with the compound. New and very fun exsperience. tried squirrels with bow too. a couple shots. Until I lost 2 arrows I had just got the week before..... won't be the last time I try though.... just need more arrows.

bigangrychicken 08-27-2009 08:28 AM

Big whitetails----when I can rattle them in.

Otherwise--it would have to be big ole longbeards.

jepcho 08-27-2009 01:49 PM

Definately turkeys! Bow hunting during the rut is a blast but you cant beat turkeys in my opinion.

superstrutter 08-27-2009 02:58 PM

I love deer and duck hunting, but I have to say turkey hunting fires me up more than anything else. When in the woods, regardless of what time of year it is, I'm always looking for turkeys and turkey sign.