Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

WHY DO YOU HUNT?

Old 06-06-2009, 01:18 AM

Default RE: WHY DO YOU HUNT?

My dad and grandad took me to the woods for my first coon hunt.The older I got love to here them hounds run and tree,music to your ears.Took my son when he was 4 or 5 he got hooked on it.There was nights grandad,dad,myself and Justin got to go on some good coon hunts sometimes the stories were better than the hunt Sure miss those days.Me and my son started deer And turkey hunting at the same time we have some great memories for those hunts as well.Now we live so far apart we don't get to hunt together that much.Wanted to get his 2 kids and my other grandsoninto hunting but his 2 they live even ferther away.Maybe some day I will get them all together to make some more family hunting memories so yes we love to hunt.Sure wish grandad was here for just one more coon hunt and one more story.How about it my dad,me,my son and my 3 grandsons on one last hunt with my dad PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-07-2009, 04:14 AM
Fork Horn

I hunt for several reasons. To escape everyday stress. It gives me time to reflect upon myself. The food is excellent. When I harvest an animal It gives me a sense of self worth and accomplishment, because I'm not only providing for my family, I'm also reaching goals that I have set for myself. There is a moment that happens just shortly after daylight when the birds start churping,and all the little critters start scurriing about, its the most beutiful and peaceful thing in the world.
Old 06-09-2009, 07:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

I hunt because it in me!!!

I guess for me it has a lot to do with the thrill and my love of the outdoors

I like being by my self and the woods is the best place to be!!!
Old 06-19-2009, 07:36 AM
Typical Buck

Because I'm alive! dog1
Old 06-19-2009, 08:07 PM
Fork Horn

I am one of those types that hunt for the meat,pleasure,peace and the true love of the outdoors.Now that i am retired FROM the USMC i do more.Hunting to me is a way of life and it allows me to get away from the rat race meet and associate with great people and experience things that others dream of.

When i eat meat it is usually deer,Buffalo, Elk ,Fish or Hog
Old 06-21-2009, 11:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: IL-Cornfed

I won't BS anyone and say it has anything to do with food. Granted I like to eat wild game but these days... no one really lives off of the stuff.

I hunt because I LOVE to.... I'll make no apologies about it. I love the challenge of gettin' close to game. For me.... it's all about trickin' 'em! Seeing how close I can get that gobbling turkey, sneeking whitetail buck or decoying flight of geese is what it's all about. There is nothing that gets my heart racing and blood pumpin' like nature does! I also don't care mind what weapon style I may be hunting with during the changing seasons.... bow, shotgun... whatever the state mandates I carry, I'll be after 'em.

I guess for me.... I hunt, ...... because I have to! I honestly couldnt imagine doing anything else!
I agree with him 110%!! My words exactly
Old 06-21-2009, 03:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

for the love of the sport and being outdoors in the woods where there is peace and quiet. also being with my family, friends and loved ones. and all of the emotions that come with it.
Old 06-21-2009, 05:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: NYhunter325

i have only been in hunting for a little bit but i do it for the peacfullness that you feel and the sense of accomplishment when you are successful and come out of the woods with what you went in there for early in the morning

hunting is what i kno and hunting is what i will do and teach to my friends and family.
Very well said
Old 06-21-2009, 06:43 PM
Fork Horn

I hunt to get away from the wife for the day
Old 06-22-2009, 07:44 PM
Fork Horn

I started hunting with grampa and dad, when we pretty much lived off the land in the 50's. We only bought the basic staples at the grocery store. Now I hunt, because It's my get out of the city to enjoy the fields and woods to relieve stress. Turkey hunting is my real addiction, because of the challenge. Love to hear them Gobble.