Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

WHY DO YOU HUNT?

Old 04-25-2009, 01:31 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: WHY DO YOU HUNT?

Hey Friend,
This is coming from a die hard Christian whom most would see as fanatical..

I lived with an unruly step father and our home was dysfunctunal so my first reason was...to escape th ewrath of my step dad I would hunt or fish literally everyday..In the summer I would hunt for ground hogs or crows..

1. For peace..I love the quietness and prefer to hunt alone..
I often take my Bible to read while waiting for the game..

2. It's a hertiage..my grandfather was my childhood hero..he was an advid hunter and it rubbed off.

3. I used to love the smile on my mom's face when I would drag home a deer..it was like I won the lottery..

4. The challenge ..where I hunt is far from easy..any kind of game is a trophy..1000 people hunt it..maybe 50 people score..it's tough.

There are many references in the Bible about hunting so it's diffently not a sin..for me it's wonderful and I have awesome devotions with God out there.
Chuck7
Old 04-26-2009, 04:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: IL-Cornfed

I won't BS anyone and say it has anything to do with food. Granted I like to eat wild game but these days... no one really lives off of the stuff.

I hunt because I LOVE to.... I'll make no apologies about it. I love the challenge of gettin' close to game. For me.... it's all about trickin' 'em! Seeing how close I can get that gobbling turkey, sneeking whitetail buck or decoying flight of geese is what it's all about. There is nothing that gets my heart racing and blood pumpin' like nature does! I also don't care mind what weapon style I may be hunting with during the changing seasons.... bow, shotgun... whatever the state mandates I carry, I'll be after 'em.

I guess for me.... I hunt, ...... because I have to! I honestly couldnt imagine doing anything else!
Of course the thrill and challenge and memories are big parts..BUT..believe it or not, for some people food is a big part of it.. And yes, I know people that basicallylive off of game they harvested.. Granted, not ALL of each meal is deer, or turkey, or fish, or dove, or quail, or goose, or duck..But I'd say 75-80% of the food they eat in a year is.

If that aint country I'll kiss your...

edit: that being said, when it comes down to it andlike I said before..I huntbecause there is nothing else I'd rather do.
Old 05-23-2009, 10:02 AM
Spike

I know what I did...I grew up thinking guns were bad. When I had a little time to reflect when I went back to school and studied politics, history, and philosphy, I came to the conclusion gun enthusiasts and hunters have known all along. I think George Washington had it right when he said the following:

"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good."
Old 05-23-2009, 12:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

bragging rights
Old 05-28-2009, 05:11 PM
Spike

The thrill of the hunt, whether its deer, turkeys, rabbits, pheasants, ducks, I always want to go out thereand feel the adrenaline, feel some self-accomplishment after I kill it. It is a great way to spend time with family and friends. Also everything tastes better fresh.
Old 05-31-2009, 05:04 PM
Spike

I hunt becouse it the sites that you see in nature. animals do crazy things and i would rather see it first hand rather than on tv.
some people don't have a choice it is just in them and when you start i dont think you could stop. kill or no kill just as fun either way.
Old 06-02-2009, 12:23 PM
Fork Horn

i have only been in hunting for a little bit but i do it for the peacfullness that you feel and the sense of accomplishment when you are successful and come out of the woods with what you went in there for early in the morning

hunting is what i kno and hunting is what i will do and teach to my friends and family.
Old 06-02-2009, 12:47 PM
Spike

Not only for the thrill, but the more for the pleasue of the woods and enjoying consuming the game I take.
Old 06-02-2009, 01:14 PM
Fork Horn

I hunt for several reasons.

1. Because I love it.
2. Because it gets me out and away from everyday stress. It lets me reconnect with my primitive inner self.
3. To execute my right to keep and bear arms as often as possible.
4. To provide tasty treats for myself and my family.
5. To spend quality time with my best friend, my father.
Old 06-03-2009, 03:35 PM
Super Moderator

I love to hunt whether its turkeys (my favorite) or deer. I love being able to get in touch with nature. I just love being out during turkey season and hear the thunderous gobbles and calling the bird in and finalizing the deal. I love the rush I get. I was raised hunting rabbits, quail, pheasants and squirels. I taught myself how to hunt turkey and deer. I love the peace and solitude I get while hunting. I also love hunting turkey with my friend and we always have such a good time. Those are moments I cherish.

Quick Reply: WHY DO YOU HUNT?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.