Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 Opinion on other hunters >

Opinion on other hunters

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Opinion on other hunters

Old 04-20-2009, 07:29 AM
bigcountry

Default Opinion on other hunters

I know all gets tired of these types of posts. But let me know what you think.

Lets say you have a lease. You have a few other guys on it. Night before, you roost a gobbler, know where he is. Next morning you get in before daylight, setup and start working him. He's talking to ya. Another guy in the club runs up 200 yards behind you working a box call like a mad caller. After about 10 min of this, the gobbler has enough.

Should I chalk it up as way it is. Or is this just slob hunting?

Old 04-20-2009, 09:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Opinion on other hunters

I'd be ticked off and let him know about it. Assuming he knew the area you would be hunting. I'd probably even wait til the next day and blast a radio by where he's at. But I like to give paybacks when necessary.
Old 04-20-2009, 09:51 AM
Fork Horn

Is it a club lease? If it is then why dont you have a sign out sheet.?
Old 04-20-2009, 09:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

This is the sort of thing that needs to worked out among lease members before the season starts.
Old 04-20-2009, 10:13 AM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: UncleNorby

This is the sort of thing that needs to worked out among lease members before the season starts.
Well, there was 4 of us hunting that day. We all called each other and made some plans. This one guy is a jerk. We have had words before. He won't tell you where he's going or when he will be there. If you ever make the mistake of telling him, you saw a big rub or scrape during deer, and get there 1 hour before, he won't hesitate to come in hour after light 50 yards away.

Ok, so I am not that out of line. If I heard someone actively calling a gobbler, I wouldn't do that. Thats just me. Usually like that, no-one ends up winning.

Old 04-20-2009, 11:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

That's poor hunter etiquette. I would have definately said something to him. I might get with the other club members and seriously think about booting him from the lease. If this was a one time thing, we could get over it, but from the way you talk, this happens quite often.
Old 04-20-2009, 03:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

you could say something to him but if you already have it wont do any good. what you need to do is get all the members of the lease. including him. sit down and spell out the rules and inform everyone that there will be consequences.
say 1st offense warning
2nd suspension of privileges for one month or something
and 3rd will be kicked out of lease.
Old 04-20-2009, 04:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: mohunter82

you could say something to him but if you already have it wont do any good. what you need to do is get all the members of the lease. including him. sit down and spell out the rules and inform everyone that there will be consequences.
say 1st offense warning
x2. Thats completely out of line if you ask me BC. Even on public land I would still consider this unethical. I would get the members together and get this worked out.
Old 04-20-2009, 04:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: 2 Lunger

ORIGINAL: mohunter82

say 1st offense warning
x2. Thats completely out of line if you ask me BC. Even on public land I would still consider this unethical. I would get the members together and get this worked out.
X3, I agree, I wouldn't do this on state land let alone on a place where I have to pay to hunt! This guy is way out of line, kinda sucks now I'm sure having to deal with this guy. I'd pull a meeting together with all members and spell it out or move on!
Old 04-20-2009, 07:41 PM
bigcountry

Thanks guys. I have decided after turkey not to join this lease anymore. I have already yelled at the guy over running his 4 wheeler to his stand right in rut at 4PM in Nov. He's an old man, and I was warned about him. First year hunting with these guys. But he pays the for the lease with him and his son and his son hunts like once a year. So the guy running it won't say anything to him.

I just for the life of me don't understand why someone would yelp every 20 seconds for 10 min straight? If I didn't know any better, I would think he was trying to screw us over. No turkey is going to tolerate that for long. This gobbler was ready. He left and came back. I thought I would only see this crap on public land.

Quick Reply: Opinion on other hunters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.