Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Primos Freak

Old 04-08-2009, 10:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Primos Freak

Does anyone like this call. I have a buddy that has it and hates it. he is thinking about getting rid of it. just wondering what the concensus was.
Old 04-08-2009, 12:20 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Primos Freak

most people love the call. the primos freak crystal call is the one that i use for all my purring, and fighting sequences. i don't like the striker that came with it though. i bough a hard wood striker.
Old 04-08-2009, 02:56 PM
mez
Nontypical Buck

I think the call sounds good but don't use or have one. It is a loud call and I prefer a slate call for really soft calling. I have a custom made pot that I really like for this. I think the Freak is a better long to mid range call and doesn't sound as good when used soft and quiet.
Old 04-08-2009, 05:21 PM
Dominant Buck

I love mine..I'm a newbee and have called in 3 so far..and have had 10 more answer...

The only issue I have and which i beleive is normal needs to be resurfaced often..

Teh striker that comes with it stinks..I bought the Primos Cuttin Striker.
..that is my go to striker..The striker alone is 20.00
Old 04-08-2009, 06:13 PM

nice sounding call in glass
Old 04-08-2009, 07:49 PM

This is my favorite call.
Old 04-09-2009, 05:53 AM
Typical Buck

I have two freaks, one in each surface. I think the crystal one sounds a little better but they are both good calls. Did your buddy say why he hated it? Did he not like the way it sounded or was it something else? If he is looking to get rid of it see if you can take it off his hands for cheap!
Old 04-09-2009, 12:03 PM
Spike

Mine is my go-to call. I have the one with frictionite. Got it when they firast came out. I dont ever strap mine on my leg or gun, but I sure do love the sound of it. I don't know about what people say about it being a loud call, I can make mine play a beautiful song that you can barely here. Plus you can crank on it when needed.
Old 04-09-2009, 01:41 PM
Dominant Buck

This striker is second to none when used with 'The Freak' none of my other strikers comes close..I remember watching a video put on by Primos..this is the striker they used so I bought one..It's in a league all by itself for yelps, clucks, purrs and cutting.
It's called Primos Cuttin Strikerr
Old 04-27-2009, 07:34 AM
Fork Horn

This is my #1 call I have called in my very first gobbler with itI have the crystal and its good never tryed friconite but here latley I have been having to sand it latley. But very good call!

Quick Reply: Primos Freak

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.