Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 Pretty Little Girl now has a boyfriend.....(page 3) >

Pretty Little Girl now has a boyfriend.....(page 3)

Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Pretty Little Girl now has a boyfriend.....(page 3)

Old 04-06-2009, 07:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: This pretty little girl showed up today.......

Man does that thing look good!
Old 04-07-2009, 03:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Peck1524

ORIGINAL: BetterBirddogs

It is a real nice looking decoy but for 119 it isn't going to bring in anymore turkeys then my 20 decoys do. Sorry to be negative nancy here but I'm just being honest.
BBD, is the MAN......incase any of us forgot.
I beg to differ. Based on observations from several folks that have tested the DSD's.... they are in a league of their own. How many Hens have you ever had break into FULL STRUT.... that's right, HENS strutting.... when they walked up to your $20 decoy??? [&:]

You will have more positive decoying experiences hunting with decoys that look super realistic..... especially in areas where the birds receive a fair amount of decoying hunting pressure. Like everything else in this great sport of ours, I want THE best gear I can get my hands on. To each is own though.
Old 04-07-2009, 06:16 PM
Fork Horn

Thats one good lookin hen.
Old 04-07-2009, 06:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

That is unbelievable.
Old 04-08-2009, 10:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

Her boyfriend showed up yesterday........don't think he's going to see any action on PA state forest unless I'm wearing body armor.

Old 04-08-2009, 10:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

full body armour! glad your not in missouri i might shoot it lol.
Old 04-08-2009, 12:56 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: IL-Cornfed

ORIGINAL: Peck1524

ORIGINAL: BetterBirddogs

It is a real nice looking decoy but for 119 it isn't going to bring in anymore turkeys then my 20 decoys do. Sorry to be negative nancy here but I'm just being honest.
BBD, is the MAN......incase any of us forgot.
I beg to differ. Based on observations from several folks that have tested the DSD's.... they are in a league of their own. How many Hens have you ever had break into FULL STRUT.... that's right, HENS strutting.... when they walked up to your $20 decoy??? [&:]

You will have more positive decoying experiences hunting with decoys that look super realistic..... especially in areas where the birds receive a fair amount of decoying hunting pressure. Like everything else in this great sport of ours, I want THE best gear I can get my hands on. To each is own though.
I couldn't agree more. Incase you haven't read any of his other posts,BetterBirdDogs likes to stir the pot on these forums!!
Old 04-09-2009, 03:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Awesome looking decoys for sure!! Just curious, how do you carry those with you? Do they come with some sort of a decoy bag? If so, could you post a pic or two!! Thanks.
Old 04-09-2009, 04:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

awesome looking decoys matt!!!

i was wondering like maytom, how do they carry?? looks like they are hard plastic?? maybe not?

i definitely dont think id carry that jake in PA lol....

heck, i quit hunting with decoys period because of the hunter population....i was working a bird and had a hen decoy 20yds away on a small gasline...the bird was roosted down the gasline and as soon as it broke light and i knew he could see, i did a flydown and he absolutely lost it...i know he seen her standing there....very rarely do you hear a bird go as nuts as he did on the roost....

i hear crunching towards the area of my decoy....my heart starts racing...then i noticed the bird completely shut down...i look past the decoy and theres the cause...2 morons practically belly crawling...between me and them is a decoy....judging by their actions, i knew being between them and a decoy was no safe place to be. i laid down and rolled out of the way while reaching for all the orange i had...i made it out of there alive and to this day i doubt they knew i was even there...just wasnt a situation i ever wanna be in again...i honestly felt that if they seen the decoy silloeted that i was in danger...that was enough for me. and for the record, this is supposed to be pretty sealed up private land...i dont know where those morons snuck in from...
Old 04-09-2009, 06:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: maytom

Awesome looking decoys for sure!! Just curious, how do you carry those with you? Do they come with some sort of a decoy bag? If so, could you post a pic or two!! Thanks.
The Jake is much heavier than the hen, I bet he's upwards of 4lbs or so? So no they don't carry like a Feather flex. LOL
The carry bags that come with them while serviceable are very light scratchy sounding nylon. Like a simple laundry bag and no place for a stake. They are also solid green in color. They'll work..........but I'd like to keep these guys looking new for as long as I have them........

I bought myself 2 different custom decoy bags for them. A single and a double decoy bag by Customgunsocks here in Coudersport, PA.
Tom Ackley makes the nicest decoy bag you'd ever want to see.
http://www.customgunsocks.com

They are microfleece camo on the outside, flannel lined with flannel stake pocket. (These stakes are heavy duty 1 piece and they need a pocket! LOL)
The double bag has a micro fleece divider and a draw string top.
The single is to carry just the hen, the double will take the hen and the jake side by side with no bumps, clanks or chipped paint. They are dead silent and one heck of a well made product.
Just sling either one over my shoulder and go.
The extra bulk and weight isn't a concern because both will probably only be used on a few private land properties I hunt and there is no long State forest hiking.

Quick Reply: Pretty Little Girl now has a boyfriend.....(page 3)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.