HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Turkey Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/turkey-hunting-5/)
-   -   Indian Creek Choke tube (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/turkey-hunting/290970-indian-creek-choke-tube.html)

gbrownlee 04-03-2009 07:10 AM

Indian Creek Choke tube

Wondering if anyone had any experience with this choke? I bought on and it is patterning a little strange. What is the optimal load for this choke? I have been shooting Winchester 3.5" #5s and #6s.

Thanks,

Greg

Matt / PA 04-03-2009 07:48 AM

RE: Indian Creek Choke tube

No experience with that load through mine (.665) but it really likes Hevi13 #6's.
the 3.5" / 2.25oz and the 3"/ 2oz loads.
Those 2 seem like the standard that many people start with using an IC choke.

gbrownlee 04-03-2009 08:06 AM

Thanks Matt, I was thinking the same thing. Through looking around the net I was able to see that was one recommended load. I will get some today in 3". Thanks again.

Mr. Longbeard 04-03-2009 08:52 AM

I'm thinking about getting one for my 11-87 SPT

Hurricanespg 04-03-2009 09:30 AM

Yeah, the Hevi-13 3" 2oz #6's or Hevi-13 3.5" 2.25oz #6 loads really shine through this joke as well as the Winchester Xtended Range 3" 1.75oz #6's, and Winchester Xtended Range 3.5" 2oz #6's.
Which Winchester load are you using?
What do you mean when you say it is patterning strange?

gbrownlee 04-03-2009 10:11 AM

ORIGINAL: Hurricanespg

I have tried the supreme magnums and the supreme hi-velosity with mixed results. The patterns have holes in them where it will be really dense in areas and then it goes to a 2" or 3" hole in the pattern.

BOWHUNTERCOP 04-03-2009 11:26 AM

I have this choke for my Mossberg 835 and using HeviShot 13, 2.25oz., 3.5" (bronze shells) in either #5 or #6 shot with excellent performance

loadbreak 04-03-2009 03:13 PM

I use this choke in my NWTFBPS 3.5". With 2.25 ounce of #6 Heavy13 it shoots great patterns.

Hurricanespg 04-03-2009 06:22 PM

ORIGINAL: gbrownlee

ORIGINAL: Hurricanespg

I have tried the supreme magnums and the supreme hi-velosity with mixed results. The patterns have holes in them where it will be really dense in areas and then it goes to a 2" or 3" hole in the pattern.
Well I can almost guarantee you will get better patterns with the heavier than lead loadings, but if you would like to stick to lead you may get satisfactory results with the 3" Winchester HV's in #6. In all but one instance I have gotten better patterns with the 3" Win HV's versus the 3.5" version, although both loads like to be choked a bit more than any of the standard Indian Creek offerings.
Good luck.

IL-Cornfed 04-04-2009 09:08 AM

ORIGINAL: gbrownlee

Wondering if anyone had any experience with this choke?..... What is the optimal load for this choke? I have been shooting Winchester 3.5" #5s and #6s.

We've added them to a few of our guns and from the Benelli SBEII to the T/C Pro Hunter, the Black Diamond Strike seems to like a diet of 3", 2oz, #6 Hevi-13.

This is pretty typical 30 yard pattern with the above mentioned load,thru the Encore