HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Turkey Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/turkey-hunting-5/)
-   -   Broken Pecker (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/turkey-hunting/289467-broken-pecker.html)

677vdrive 03-20-2009 05:31 PM

RE: Broken Pecker

ORIGINAL: Matt / PA

I was about to drop $$ on a hen and jake set..........yikes.
How do they come packaged? Is it just chucked in a box with a little plastic around it or what?
For that kind of money they need to protect it a little better than that obviously and it's making me question the durability for actual hunting.

Absolutely unacceptable.[&o]
Matt/PA
I talk with Brad @ DSd Decoys he told me they have had a few of the jakes that customers had broken heads & beaks during shipping. Dsd had no problem sending me another decoy, it shouldbe atmy house on Tuesday, the problem is they are packing them in the foam peanuts and the decoys will work down to the end of the box, then one good throw from the UPS man and it breaks the head or beak. Brad also said they are working on a spray foam like packing to ship their decoys in the future.

I was a little weary on droping that much money on a couple of decoys, but after seeing these things you guys would not believe the detail I think they are worth every penny (just my opinion). The customer service is worth something, made in the USA is another thing that is also hard to find these days. I would tell everyone out there if you can afford they they are worth it..

Thanks Tony K........

Matt / PA 03-20-2009 07:06 PM

Tony,
Thanks for the feedback......if you wouldn't mind could you maybe take a couple more pics of the decoy too?

Does it seem like it will be durable enough to last many hunting seasons, and what's the carry bag like?

Sorry for the questions but nearly $300 for a decoy set is some serious coin and you are one of the few people that I know who have the jake. Do you also have the hen?

fingerz42 04-03-2009 11:06 AM

Well 667, I was just wondering if you sent your decoy back and got a new one. I saw that Matt's came in and it made me think of your little problem. Let us know what happened.

HuntingBry 04-03-2009 11:18 AM

Good to hear DSD is taking care of their customers. Too bad they can't count on their shipper a little more. That shipping insurance is coming in handy for them I'm sure.

Hopefully they'll get their packing straightened out for future orders and save everyone the headache.

Good luck with the deke. It looks great.

677vdrive 04-03-2009 04:03 PM

Yes
I got my replacement decoy on the day that Brad @ DSD told me it was going to be here, along with a prepaid return shipping label for the broken jake. I took a few pictures of "Estyle" (named after my mother-in-law) and Randell (named after a guy I work with) for you guys to see. They are ready for opening day April 20.
Tony K..........

Turkey Fife 04-04-2009 09:31 PM

I would try calling and send them a couple pictues and maybe they will send you a new one. And then Glue the old one and have TWO!

lnen#1 04-04-2009 10:13 PM

Wasn't sure if I wanted to see a pic of a broken pecker, but since your talking decoys, I'd send the thing back for the amount you paid.