Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Gobble Gobble

Old 03-17-2009, 01:38 PM
Spike

Default Gobble Gobble

I heard my first gobble of the year today. I live here in eastern NC and was wondering who else is hearing gobbles already and where are you from.
Old 03-17-2009, 01:54 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Gobble Gobble

Turkeys are gobbling here in south Georgia
Old 03-17-2009, 02:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Oswego County, NY. Still got good foot of snow on the ground. Last wk I was glassing some birds on the edge of a snow covered pond where a bare spot was underneath a tree. Turkeys were scratching for fall scraps. I saw couple were jakes. I heard a crow sound off, and one of them gobbled. That was my first gobble of the yr.
Old 03-18-2009, 06:05 AM
Fork Horn

Hey Tim,
Nice to see you on the forum. Its Kevin Jones. I saw 3 flocks of turkeys Sun morning. Two flocks were over in the Trenton area near a place I have permission to hunt. There were about 3 birds strutting in one of these flocks. I know you have probably seen all those turkeys on Hwy 70 right before you turn on the road you live on. I saw them Sunday also on the way to mamas house and there were about 4 birds struttin in this flock. I havent heard any gobbling yet but havent been out in the morning early listening.
Old 03-18-2009, 06:14 AM
Fork Horn

It's time, I plan on goingin the next few days to see and hear what's going on. Last year, I went this same time scouting and saw a lot of strutting and some gobbling...the fever has started.
Old 03-18-2009, 10:52 AM
Typical Buck

Their Gobbling in the Colorado Rocky's.

I spotted about 4 Jakes and many hens on a mountainside, the Jakes where strutting andgobbling, I saw no Gobblers.
Old 03-18-2009, 08:27 PM
DTC
Nontypical Buck

Birds are gobbling in SW Missouri. Starting to see a few strutters in the fields but everything is still grouped up. Had 23 hens cross the aflalfa field Monday night and not a tom to be seen. Our season is still a month away though.
Old 03-20-2009, 03:30 AM
Spike

we are in SC, colleton county. we are hearing birds and my wife got one tues. good luck.
Old 03-20-2009, 06:04 AM
Spike

Heard 2 gobbles this a.m. and saw strutters in fields in SE wisconsin
Old 03-21-2009, 11:51 AM
Dominant Buck

They are gobblin in central florida..

Quick Reply: Gobble Gobble

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.