Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 Who do you think makes the best turkey loads? >

Who do you think makes the best turkey loads?

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Who do you think makes the best turkey loads?

Old 03-05-2009, 07:01 PM
Spike

Default Who do you think makes the best turkey loads?

Iwas just woundering what everyones opinion was with who makes the best turkey load between the big 3. Federal, Winchester and Remington.
Old 03-05-2009, 07:07 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Who do you think makes the best turkey loads?

Forget the big three and go custom...NITRO

http://www.nitrocompany.com/
Old 03-05-2009, 07:16 PM
Typical Buck

Each gun is different but for me it's the winchester x-tended ranges 3.5 6's
Old 03-05-2009, 07:19 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: ranger400ex1994

Iwas just woundering what everyones opinion was with who makes the best turkey load between the big 3. Federal, Winchester and Remington.

Neither

Nitro Ray in Mountain Grove, MO makes the most lethal Turkey loads available. Period, hands down, end of story.
Old 03-05-2009, 07:34 PM
Fork Horn

My gun likes Winchesters so I like Winchesters.
Old 03-06-2009, 03:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

None of the above. Nitro's stand head and shoulders above the major manufacturers, but in reality Environ Metal (HEVI-Shot) has the marker cornered on turkey loads.
Old 03-06-2009, 05:56 PM
Spike

The reason why i was asking about the big 3 is becasue those are the easyest to get my hands on and also the cheapest. Don't get me wrong i try not to skimp on my hunt gear at all but i think it is out rages to pay that much for shells when my longest shot is 45 yards. I hunt with a 870 super mag. Last Year i killed my bird with Remington Nitros3 1/2" lead shot #4 with the remington super full turkey choke and it patterned ok I killed the bird at 42yards no problem. This year i picked up a Truglo Gobble stopper Xtreme choke tube ported and just want to try some different loads and those loads from last year and see if my patterned improved. I know about expensive ammo for deer hunting I hunt in shotgun country and i pay $16.00 for sabot slugs 5 shells in a box. But this year i have a addition to my family a new born son so money is kinda tight right now.
Old 03-06-2009, 07:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: ranger400ex1994

The reason why i was asking about the big 3 is becasue those are the easyest to get my hands on and also the cheapest. Don't get me wrong i try not to skimp on my hunt gear at all but i think it is out rages to pay that much for shells when my longest shot is 45 yards. I hunt with a 870 super mag. Last Year i killed my bird with Remington Nitros3 1/2" lead shot #4 with the remington super full turkey choke and it patterned ok I killed the bird at 42yards no problem. This year i picked up a Truglo Gobble stopper Xtreme choke tube ported and just want to try some different loads and those loads from last year and see if my patterned improved. I know about expensive ammo for deer hunting I hunt in shotgun country and i pay $16.00 for sabot slugs 5 shells in a box. But this year i have a addition to my family a new born son so money is kinda tight right now.
I understand trying to save money, and believe me you do not need expensive shells to kill turkeys. If you are going to be shooting heavier than lead loads then Hevi-shot is the cheapest (plus they have a $5 mail in rebate). If you are going to be shooting lead loads I would more than likely shoot the Winchester HV 1.75oz #6's.
Old 03-06-2009, 07:14 PM

It don't matter to me i use them all I just make sure the turkey it looking down my barrel a few inches from his head!
Old 03-06-2009, 10:01 PM

they keep trying to come out with something to sell...i use winchester 3.5 high velocity 5's with a kicks choke...i've killed turkeys past 60 yards for 5 years, and haven't thought about trying anything new...save your money..a regular lead 3" shell will kill a turkey out to 40 yards...

Quick Reply: Who do you think makes the best turkey loads?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.