Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 Bought any new toys for turkey hunting? >

Bought any new toys for turkey hunting?

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Bought any new toys for turkey hunting?

Old 02-08-2009, 05:09 AM
Fork Horn

Default Bought any new toys for turkey hunting?

I bought a Lights Out slate call, a B-Mobile and a Mossy Oak Diffusion face mask. Also bought some different shells, can't wait to see how they pattern.[/align][/align]
Old 02-08-2009, 05:30 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Bought any new toys for turkey hunting?

Not any new toys yet...as if I need anymore. Funny story though, yesterday my wife and I are out and about at bass pro. I am complaining that all my mouth calls from last year are gone...even my favorite one that I always have near me. She laughs and says just buy more...it is what you always do. I tell her seriously I cannot find a single one. I bought the primos truth 20 and while watching it I just had to get my vest out and organize it since the season is only 6 weeks away. Well my wife comes down stairs and sees 5 mouth calls...she just laughs and says well...guess I can get my hair done. Gotta love her cause she sure puts up with a knucklehead...or so I leave her to believe.
Old 02-08-2009, 08:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

New String on my bow. Got a 20ga Beretta of mine I might fool with a bit. Got a turkey barrel for my Encore. Need to replace one or two mouth calls, need more Permanone and thermacell refills. Maybe a new pair of lightweight socks.
Old 02-08-2009, 08:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

well i was gonna get my tags yesterday but they said they aren't available yet. thinking about getting a new bow string put on and of course new mouth calls.
Old 02-08-2009, 09:00 AM
Typical Buck

might pick up a new mouth call or two but other than that I can't think of a single thing i need/want...i guess that's a good thing haha. Checking out playing with new calls and toys are part of what make turkey hunting so much fun for me though so in a way I'm kinda bummed
Old 02-08-2009, 09:44 AM
Fork Horn

No new toys yet... Just waiting to make a trip to cabelas to buy a new turkey vest and some new decoys!
Old 02-08-2009, 09:05 PM
Typical Buck

just bought the mossberg 835 tactical yest.

Old 02-09-2009, 06:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Switching over from Mossy Oak Break-up camo to their Obsession camo pattern. There is much more green color in it and it's not as dark. Already bought the pants and shirts, have to get a new vest in that pattern before the spring season.
Old 02-09-2009, 02:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

I recently bought a few small items to..you know..feed the fever. At the Prattville BPS I got a 3D hat in MossyOak Brush, a 5 LED cap-light, some mouth calls (love the QB "green" ones), plus a few boxes of heavier-than- lead turkey loads.

But the biggest new toy is a pop-up blind. I'm gonna try my hand at taking a turkey with a bow this season. (plus film the hunt)
Old 02-09-2009, 02:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Only thing ive got is a tru fire thumb release, so i can keep my hands free for calling.

Quick Reply: Bought any new toys for turkey hunting?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.