Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 I Challenge you to take a Vet or Active Duty Military Hunting in 09 >

I Challenge you to take a Vet or Active Duty Military Hunting in 09

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

I Challenge you to take a Vet or Active Duty Military Hunting in 09

Old 01-29-2009, 02:28 PM
Typical Buck

Default I Challenge you to take a Vet or Active Duty Military Hunting in 09

I think this is a good way us sportsmen (many of us vets our selves) can support our military men and women!

I give credit for this idea to dog1 who is doing this for 09! great idea dog1!!! Thanks for the inspiration!!!!!!!!!

Take a Vet or Active Duty Military Hunting with YOU in 09!

Don't forget our Military Female hunters!

I will put the offer out to two Vets or active duty military for the 09 Turkey season here in Colorado.

I will either take you to the turkeys and call em in for you,or stay with you andoffer advice, or point you in the right directionand you can hunt on your own. You choose.
Hunt time or days will very, best success time is 2nd and 3rd weekend in April but I will take you any time.
The hunts will take place on National Forest, areas I have hunted andknow to have turkeys. FREE

I will choose the hunters on predetermined criteria.

I am no guide or turkey expert but I can find em and I usually bringone home.
JW added to this hunt a wing bone callfor the two lucky hunters picked for these hunts!! Also I am offering to video the hunts for you and mail them to you after the hunt.
Pm me if interested.
I am Female,and I can find em.
Old 01-29-2009, 04:08 PM
JW
Super Moderator

Default RE: I Challenge you to take a Vet or Active Duty Military Hunting in 09

I admire you Rocky! Greatly!

Added to this for those who hunt with Rockymountiangobbler is a wingbone turkey call!

JW
Old 01-29-2009, 06:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, I don't have private land that I can share but I do plan on trying to help out an active duty turkey hunter who is new to the area. I work at a warfare center and a Navy Chief I work with told me he had to introduce me to a Chief that just got stationed here because he's a turkey hunter. I met the guy once, and we traded turkey hunting stories. I'm pretty sure we'll hook up and get out a time or two this spring.
Old 01-29-2009, 10:34 PM
Typical Buck

That is a really nice jesture men. It is very selfless of you, if that is a word. When it comes to Turkeys most of us turkey hunters only think of ourselves my hat is off to both of you. It makes me feel very small, but, very proud of our young men in uniform and Camo!
Old 01-30-2009, 04:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Way to go guys. I try to do something like this every year by taking a youth or someone that is interested but doesnt have the access. I have 2 hunts set up already this year. and possibly a third. i may not even get to hunt myself that much this year. oh well. its a better feeling when ya help someone out.
Old 01-30-2009, 04:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Way to go guys. I try to do something like this every year by taking a youth or someone that is interested but doesnt have the access. I have 2 hunts set up already this year. and possibly a third. i may not even get to hunt myself that much this year. oh well. its a better feeling when ya help someone out.
Old 01-31-2009, 09:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Great thread,I will do this for sure.
My Daughter in in the 82nd Airbore at Ft Bragg and my future son in law just got back from Afganistan,He is an Army Ranger.
I will take them both.
I am the son of a D Day Vetran but due to medical problems none of the services were interested in me
I shake the hand and thank every uniformed person I see.
Old 02-01-2009, 05:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

PM sent...
Old 02-04-2009, 04:54 PM
Typical Buck

RMG,

I want thank you for what you are doing, and your nice comments about me. I just hope others will do the same if possible.

I've sent you a pm.

Thank You,

dog1
Old 02-05-2009, 01:57 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks guys!
When I got started the Pikes Peak chapter of the National Wild Turkey Federation guys helped me out with videos, where to hunt, and learning different types of calls.
Something I wont forget, and I've been hooked on turkeys ever since.

My father was Army for 30 years, served in Korea onceand Vietnam twice, he has no interest in hunting, Been there done that. This offer is for those that fight for us you and me.

Quick Reply: I Challenge you to take a Vet or Active Duty Military Hunting in 09

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.