Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 No harvest, but tons of fun. >

No harvest, but tons of fun.

Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

No harvest, but tons of fun.

Old 04-15-2003, 09:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default No harvest, but tons of fun.

Just thougt I share this with y' all. I recently concluded my first hunt for an Eastern, near the AL/MS border. It was nice to be in the spring woods. The trees are pretty here, but the smell of pines, the Bluejay' s " Chank" , and the hawk' s lazy circling were things I' d forgotten. We also jumped several deer, found a perfect arrowhead, got snagged in sawbriars, and caught up on old times.
I only saw two turkeys during the whole trip. The first was a tom on I-65 just south of Jemison, AL standing on the side of the road (filling my friend & I with dreams of success). The second was a hen that walked 8ft from me and didn' t spook. I like to think that had it been a tom, he' d be in the freezer now.
It took us two days to find where the gobblers were. I think the cool snap kinds slowed them down. Had we had another day or two, one of us three might have had a shot.
As a final salute, on the way to the airport in Birmingham, a turkey flew across I-65, from very near where we' d seen the tom a few days before. It was one of the best hunting trips I' ve been on, and no one ever fired a shot. Even an anti would' ve had a blast out there with us.
Old 04-15-2003, 10:15 PM

Default RE: No harvest, but tons of fun.

Sounds like you had an awsome trip Joe! Im glad! Some of the best trips Ive been on I never fired a shot either! Im glad you had a good time!
Old 04-15-2003, 10:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

As hard as it is for some to believe sometimes there are better things on a hunt than making a kill.

Glad to hear of your good times.
Old 04-16-2003, 02:32 AM

Joe, Glad to hear your trip was memorable.
Old 04-16-2003, 04:16 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]