HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Turkey Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/turkey-hunting-5/)
-   -   Wisconsin Spring Turkey Results on line! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/turkey-hunting/283938-wisconsin-spring-turkey-results-line.html)

JW 01-23-2009 04:02 PM

Wisconsin Spring Turkey Results on line!

Go here to find what season you have drawn
https://hfwa.centraltechnology.net/wi_customer/app/custSearchSubmit.do

Enter in your WI DNR Customer Number (9 Digit number)
Enter your birthdate mm/dd/year
Enter the last 4 digits of you SS

1. Once it confirms who you are go to the bottom of the page and click Continue
2. Click License and Permits
3. Click Spring Turkey - and you will see what season you have drawn

It takes time but I found mine. I used the Spring Turkey Tab.

NOW - I certainly am glad to see the below. Not happy zone 1 is 1st though. But this format will certainly help things go faster and not bog the system down as in past years.

[hr]

Remaining permits will be sold on a first-come, first-served basis. New sales procedures will be implemented for Leftover Spring Turkey Permits. Each zone will have a designated sales date with sales starting at 10:00 AM through Midnight each day for the first five days. These sales will be held for 5 consecutive days with customers able to purchase one permit per day. Remaining permits for all zones will go on sale on the sixth day (one permit per day). Only the following zones have permits available.
The scheduled sales dates are:
Zone 1 – Monday, March 23
Zone 2 – Tuesday, March 24
Zone 3 – Wednesday, March 25
Zone 4 – Thursday, March 26
Zone 5 & Zone 6 – Friday, March 27
Any permits still remaining for all zones will be for sale starting at 10:00AM Saturday, March 28. Permits will remain on sale until the zone and time period sells out or the season ends.
Permits are $10.00 for residents and $15.00 for the nonresidents\\

Since no Webpage ever allows copying a table and the format sucks.

Go here to look at left over permits.

http://www.dnr.state.wi.us/org/caer/cs/springturkey/

JW

[/align]

Wingbone 01-24-2009 05:21 AM

RE: Wisconsin Spring Turkey Results on line!

I just checked. I got my permit for the 2nd period, and, I just got my Cabela's Turkey hunting catalogue. Now I'm ready to think about turkey hunting.

Dr Andy 01-24-2009 11:41 AM

Once again I was not awarded a non-resident permit and now have 2 preference points for next year. Two years ago I made the mistake of including late seasons and was awarded the last season only to find I could have gotten them over the counter. I would have had 4 preference points this year. Guess I'll be hunting late when the woods are all full and lush and the turkeys extremely wary. Maybe next year for an early season!

dog1 01-24-2009 01:02 PM

Sometimes we don't realize how lucky we are. After reading the post on y'all having to get tags for certain areas, makes me appreciate our hunting season and system more here in GA. You just buy a hunting and big game license and hunt anywhere in GA you want. Now our Wildlife Management Areas (WMAs')are different, but once we get our big game license, normally at the start of deer season, it also includes turkey and hog.

I love GA more every day.

dog1

spurhntr 01-25-2009 01:28 PM

as a non resident i never apply in season a, b or c...
i drewa tag in season E this year, may 13-17th
myself and two other guys lease over 1000 acres that no one else legally hunts so ive not seen any wary bird the last two years and i hope it will be the same this season.
hope to get a bonus tag too...
good luck to all who put in!

natimage 01-25-2009 04:32 PM

My girlfriend and I both got them for zone 3 for time periods C and E. This will be our first time hunting turkeys. It seems like the early zones are more sought after. Are they that much better than the later ones? Even with the late winters we've been having? Any tips for the later seasons versus the earlier ones?

JW 01-25-2009 05:34 PM

Unfortunately for all you out of state folks you probably will never get an early season but a later season. As a resident I have no control over this but in the Camp I have partaken for the last 12 years we have one out of state guy who owns the dang land! Go figure.

My Theory is - because we apply as a party of 4 we will always get a later season. But to us so be it we have a tag!

And now the past 3 years and this year is no different both resident and non-resident can buy a 4th, 5th or 6th season tag.
Are the birds wary? You betcha! But in our camp we have been running around 75% effective and we always can find a bird to work! And I would not have it any other way.

JW

WIbuckchaser 01-25-2009 06:05 PM

Thanks JW!, once again I forgot to send in my application so I was wondering if they were going to have a day to buy them over the counter. You answered my question in a hurry when I clicked on the dnr website. If they keep populating the way they have been, the dnr may as well just let us shoot one with the purchase of small game license.
I don't know if I have the patience to wait until May to bag one. I get the fever in late Feb. when I get up at daybreak and listen outside and here the longbeards gobbling. Two months of waiting might be too long. Thanks again.

WIbuckchaser 01-25-2009 06:06 PM

Thanks JW!, once again I forgot to send in my application so I was wondering if they were going to have a day to buy them over the counter. You answered my question in a hurry when I clicked on the dnr website. If they keep populating the way they have been, the dnr may as well just let us shoot one with the purchase of small game license.
I don't know if I have the patience to wait until May to bag one. I get the fever in late Feb. when I get up at daybreak and listen outside and here the longbeards gobbling. Two months of waiting might be too long. Thanks again.

WIbuckchaser 01-25-2009 06:06 PM