Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 how many turkeys have you gotten? >

how many turkeys have you gotten?

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

how many turkeys have you gotten?

Old 01-19-2009, 08:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: how many turkeys have you gotten?

In 4 years I have killed 2 turkeys. Both with black powder guns. I hope to get my first bow bird this year
Old 01-19-2009, 08:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Mr. Longbeard

ORIGINAL: gamewarden1

I have been turkey hunting for about 12 years now. I shot my first bird (a jake) on some public land here in NC. Since then i have shot nothing but mature gobblers and there has been about 20 of them.

I can relate!!! Been hunting WILD turkeys on public land for 16 years... I've killed around 30 of them...

I love it when I see the pics of the guys with that have been hunting turkeys for like10 years and they have like 50 sets of beards/spurs...

GOD knows were they huntSame place's Jim Casada hunts

So in order for it to be a wild turkey, it has to be on public land, huh?
Old 01-19-2009, 08:16 AM

I have yet to bag a gobbler. Thought I had one two years ago but it got up and ran away after I rolled him. It was very heart breaking. I still love to hunt them though.
Old 01-19-2009, 08:51 AM

in 20-ish yrs, I've KO'd in the neighborhood of 40 gobblers, and probably 15-20 fall hens. Some years I got skunked, and some years I limited out in multiple states.
Old 01-19-2009, 09:46 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Mr. Longbeard

ORIGINAL: gamewarden1

I have been turkey hunting for about 12 years now. I shot my first bird (a jake) on some public land here in NC. Since then i have shot nothing but mature gobblers and there has been about 20 of them.

I can relate!!! Been hunting WILD turkeys on public land for 16 years... I've killed around 30 of them...

I love it when I see the pics of the guys with that have been hunting turkeys for like10 years and they have like 50 sets of beards/spurs...

GOD knows were they huntSame place's Jim Casada hunts

Here goes the public vs. private nonsense again this year.
Old 01-19-2009, 10:04 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: mossbergman11/OH

ORIGINAL: Arrowmaster

I just counted 16 in Indiana...
over how many years?

Wow now that I think about it, its been a long time. 23 years to be exact. I guess you could say Im addicted...
Old 01-19-2009, 03:52 PM
Fork Horn

This spring makes 30 years chasing this wonderful bird and hope to have 30 more, I have harvested well over 100 longbeards and have called in upwards of 200 for others
Old 01-20-2009, 06:15 AM
Fork Horn

Man some of you guys have got a lot of turks over the yrs. This will be my girls and my third spring, have seen a lot put haven't gotten one yet. Have learned a lot first 2 yrs. We love turkey hunting.
Old 01-20-2009, 11:37 AM

8 turkeys in 10 years of hunting them. I don't know why, but I can never seem to fill both my tags in the spring.Ok, partof the reason is that probably2/3rds of my turkeys, I have shoteither the last or next to last week of the season. Most of the others that were shot in the early season were jakes and for the past 5 years, I have decided not to shoot anymore jakes so I dolet a fair number of them walk. I seem to have a hard time connecting on a mature gobbler in the early part of the season. This year I shot a spring gobbler (last day)and a fall hen. My first fall hen. So since I actually got two in one year, maybe that will break the ice for getting two turksin the spring.
Old 01-21-2009, 04:00 PM
Fork Horn

I usually call em in for my friends. That brings me just as much joy, but I'd say I have personally killed 40-45 birds.

Quick Reply: how many turkeys have you gotten?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.