Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Turkeys and Dinosaurs?

Old 01-16-2009, 08:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Turkeys and Dinosaurs?

I was watching NatGeo, and they had a thing coming up on Feb 8th about turkeys. From what I gathered, they're saying turkeys were velociraptors have evolved into turkeys? Just imagine next time your calling one in, that one one ferocious turkey back in the day [8D]
Old 01-16-2009, 09:19 AM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Turkeys and Dinosaurs?

ORIGINAL: squirrelkilla23

I was watching NatGeo, and they had a thing coming up on Feb 8th about turkeys. From what I gathered, they're saying turkeys were velociraptors have evolved into turkeys? Just imagine next time your calling one in, that one one ferocious turkey back in the day [8D]
Using cutting edge CGI, leading scientists and the latest dinosaur discoveries, Evolutions will take the viewer on an epic journey of evolutionary drama - Starting 230 million years ago one of the first dinosaurs, through the explosion of all the different shapes and sizes by the Jurassic, including the giant Diplodocus, and the group of dinosaurs that turned into the great American icon, the Turkey. We will see how catastrophic climate change, deadly predators and evolutionary dead-ends couldnt stop the dinosaur from evolving into the main course on the Thanksgiving table.

Sat Feb 2-8-2009on channel 276 At 8 pm
Old 01-16-2009, 11:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've also hear them say that T-Rex's evolved into ducks.
Old 01-16-2009, 01:09 PM
Fork Horn

If your looking for the truth, try asking GOD to show you. Its called Creation.
Old 01-16-2009, 01:17 PM
Typical Buck

How do people not believe in evolution?[&:]it just baffles me. but nack on topic, that show sounds interesting
Old 01-16-2009, 07:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Bowman4440
How do people not believe in evolution? it just baffles me.
Seriously?
Old 01-16-2009, 09:18 PM
Fork Horn

In my personal opinion, it takes more faith to believe in evolution than to believe in creation. Like seriously, we're talking animals changing into different animals, and not having the DNA or anything close, to changing into that animal... mutation is the loss of genetic information and something completely different.
As for me, I know He created the whole world, and isholding itin His hands!
Hope i'm not making a debate outta this!

Old 01-17-2009, 06:22 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: younggun308

I've also hear them say that T-Rex's evolved into ducks.

hahahahahahahahahaha now thats funny
Old 01-17-2009, 06:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

apparently this isnt a far fetched as it sounds.after doing some research and asking one of my friends that teach a class of fossils, he said that it is more than possible. apparently the velociraptor had the trademark "bird" hip and hollow bones. he says it is more than possible.
Old 01-17-2009, 10:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well I guess that it is possible that we (humans) evolved from birds then since a birds wing bone structure is very similar to a human arm (sarcasm).
The wing begins with a large, thick bone similar to the human humerus.
Two thinner bones extend from the larger one, resembling the human ulna and radius.
The very tip of a bird's wing corresponds to the human hand, with two long fingers attached at the tip and a short thumb coming out from the side.

If evolution were in fact true why have we never seen or had documented proof of a species in mid transormation?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.