Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 Gobble Calls, who uses em >

Gobble Calls, who uses em

Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Gobble Calls, who uses em

Old 01-03-2009, 07:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Gobble Calls, who uses em

Just wondering. Who uses them and has had success with them? What brands do you guys use? What situations do you guys use them in?I have never used oneso i wouldnt know when or how to use one.

Thanks, Wayne
Old 01-04-2009, 05:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Gobble Calls, who uses em

I use my box call to gobble. With the rubber band on, I turn it over on it's lid and shake side to side. It gives me a passable gobble. I've used it in stuations where I've got a bird hung up out of sight. It lets him know that there is competition around and he'd better move it or lose it. It has worked enough times to make it part of my tool kit.
Old 01-04-2009, 06:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

The Gobble shaker is a good tool but only with caution in mind. I have one in my vest all the time. They work good for locating and also have had them work on hungup gobblers at times.

I use the QuakerBoys
Old 01-04-2009, 07:29 AM
Dominant Buck

I agree with Adrian.......... and also be very careful when and how you use it when there's other turkey hunters around...
Old 01-04-2009, 08:56 AM
Super Moderator

I have one in my vest but seldom use it. But I do have to say I love it when Im hunting with my buddy and he starts napping. Wrong thing to do. I'll let out a few yelps followed by the gobble tube and let me tell ya my buddy wakes right up. But then again he will get me back as well hahahaha
Old 01-04-2009, 09:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

i like the gobble tube. hunting public land I only use it for a locator call. after 3 or 4 weeks into the season the turkey's start to get smart and won't gobble to a crow, owl, coyote etc off of the roost so we have to mix it up a bit and this is when i would use a gobble tube for a locator call...on few occasions if i know there is a real dominant bird in the area i may use it to gobble after my hen yelps mid-day to get him upset.

in my honest opinion if you are not hunting public land you probably won't need it.
Old 01-04-2009, 01:45 PM
Fork Horn

I have one I use it with my Pretty Boy and b-mobile it is a deadly duet! It works well on gobbelers hened up
Old 01-04-2009, 03:48 PM
JW
Super Moderator

I use them just like Adrian - at certain times they can be deadly.

WARNING!!!

YOU DO CALL OTHER HUNTERS TOWARDS YOU!

SO KEEP THAT IN MIND

JW
Old 01-04-2009, 03:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: JW!

I use them just like Adrian - at certain times they can be deadly.

WARNING!!!

YOU DO CALL OTHER HUNTERS TOWARDS YOU!

SO KEEP THAT IN MIND

JW
I hunt private land only so if i use one i should be good. Thanks for all the input guys.

Wayne
Old 01-04-2009, 04:13 PM

Don't assume there aren't other hunters around just because it is private property these days.

I agree with Adrian, I use them seldomly...but they sure can help in certain cases.

Quick Reply: Gobble Calls, who uses em

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.