Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Sequence of calls.

Old 04-07-2003, 11:36 AM

Default Sequence of calls.

What is a good sequence of calls for them easterns? This is my 2nd Turkey season and on the 1st i had some one calling for me. Luckily they called in an 8 1/4" tom for me . So what is a good sequence to work? Ive got a few mouth calls that i am descent at and a box call, and 2 locatpr calls owl and crow. Which loctor call of those do u recemend to use and what is a good sequence to work with my calls. Thanks
Old 04-07-2003, 12:16 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Sequence of calls.

There is no set sequence to calling, imo. The birds will dictate what you need to do. If you are starting before dawn with a roosted bird, start with soft tree calls, sparingly. Other than that it is yelps, clucks and purrs depending on the situation and the bird. It just takes reading what the bird wants. Much like reading a woman on a date or a client in business. Give them what thhey want to hear. If they shut up or move off, change your sequence or calls. It is best to start mellow and crank up if they want it, than scare them off with too aggressive a set of initial calls.
Old 04-07-2003, 08:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Sequence of calls.

If your trying to compare what a woman wants with what a turkey wants, I am a afraid Hunt2Kill will never get a turkey.