HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Turkey Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/turkey-hunting-5/)
-   -   Update on Primos mouth call problem (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/turkey-hunting/27151-update-primos-mouth-call-problem.html)

Tail Feathers 03-27-2003 08:09 PM

Update on Primos mouth call problem

Got an e-mail back today from Bubba at Primos. I had the mouth call that got wrinkled reeds after about one minute of use. Bubba said this shouldn' t happen with a call, particularly not that quickly. He' s sending me a new one.
You gotta like dealing with a company with a customer service rep named Bubba!:D

turkeysrule 03-27-2003 10:56 PM

RE: Update on Primos mouth call problem

how could you NOT get good service from a " Bubba" ? [8D]

jalvja 03-28-2003 03:40 AM

TF,Glad ya got taken care of.One problem you run into when buyin mouth calls from a retail store is dependin on how fast they sell a certain call that call me be sittin around for a few years.You may have gotten an older call.Most stores buy calls by the dozen or dozens.If they don' t sell them all this year they are still for sell the next year.They shouldn' t do this but some do.

MissouriTrapper 03-28-2003 11:13 AM

Bubba wouldn' t give you very good service if you were in jail.
Just a thought.
Primos True Double is the only call I use. It seems like that call gets wrinkles in it easily but it never effects the sound. I will generally get two seasons out of this call, and several dead birds to boot.

the_outlaw 03-28-2003 02:28 PM

i went out and got a mouth call to try for the first time. I got the primos diamond cutter, 3 reed call!! I tried using it for awhile and now I' ve got some wrinkles in it....Grrr!!

It seems like that call gets wrinkles in it easily but it never effects the sound.
I shouldn' t worry about the wrinkles then???

Outlaw

PABeardBuster 03-28-2003 02:49 PM

As I' ve stated before, the " original" Primos mouth calls are supposed to have wrinkles in the reeds. It' s due to the kind of reeds they' re made with, it' s either latex or prophylactic, the rubber has wrinkles in it to begin with. The Gulvas calls are the same way, the reeds are wrinkled when you buy them. It isn' t cause for contacting the customer service department.

PBB

loner 03-29-2003 07:16 AM

I BELONGED TO A HUNTING CLUB WITH JIMMY PRIMOS BEFORE HE BECAME FAMOUS IN THE TRUTH SERIES.HE WAS GOOD ENOUGH TO PASS ALONG SEVERAL PRIMOS CALLS TO ME THAT HAD BEEN REJECTED DUE TO COSMETIC DEFECTS.THIS HAS BEEN OVER 10 YEARS AGO AND I AM STILL USING THESE CALLS BY LEAVING THEM IN THE REFRIDGERATOR .THE ONLY PROBLEM I HAVE EVER HAD WITH MOUTH CALLS,IS WHEN I CARRY TOO MANY WITH ME AND DO NOT USE THEM OFTEN ENOUGH AND DO NOT PUT THEM BACK INTO THE FRIDGE.THE ONLY TWO CALLS I HAVE USED FOR YEARS ARE TRUE DOUBLES.