Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 I am in heaven - don't care if I ever shoot another bird! >

I am in heaven - don't care if I ever shoot another bird!

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

I am in heaven - don't care if I ever shoot another bird!

Old 06-11-2008, 07:03 PM
JW
Super Moderator

Default I am in heaven - don't care if I ever shoot another bird!

Got my mounts back - well worth the wait of over a year. They are absolutley beautiful - well at least tome - wife has other opinions! Was all her fault as she gave me a birthday card that said, "Happy Birthday - Now go buy something expensive and say it is from me!!" AND I DID!

The heads are freeze dried and have the fuzz detail that fakes ones don't. Every feather is in place even the butt side of my double beard Tom!

The Tom was 22.5 lbs, had inch spurs and two beards 5 1/4 and 10 1/2. This bird was taken in Wisconsin - my 10th year with the group I hunt with. I found him early Tuesday morning while scouting. I know this area so well I told my buds - I am hunting here and will have my hands around his neck by 7 AM - which got me a good ribbing."Ya right they go!" Well I waswrong - shot him 5th season opening day at 6:14 AM!
I chose to have him mounted in half srutt as I felt it would show the beards off better and allow me room to hand him on a wall. Every feather is in place - even from his bottom side as he perches on his last branch ever!

My Hen - a bearded hen was 17 lbs 5 oz. and had a 7 1/2 beard. She came in all Sassy like - just yakkin her fool head off. Was the 3rd I had seen in my lifetime and first I was able to get a shot at. Dropped her at 22 yards and was on her like a flash. Pinned her down and did not loose one feather at all. She was taken with some ice still in the cedar swamps as that also weighed in on my decison to shoot. I felt that she was not laying egss yet. However, won't ever take another one. She was harvested on my 20th anniversary hunting in Michigan.

Now the mounts can be stacked with the Tom above or below and do look very nice on the wall. That is the way the Taxidermist had them.

The Taxidermist is Todd's Taxidermy Hwy 58 Mauston, WI. I am still in awe and the pictures I ahve shared with all of you do not do Todd's work justice!

JW
Old 06-11-2008, 07:53 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: I am in heaven - don't care if I ever shoot another bird!

Very very nice JW. Love both mounts...
Old 06-11-2008, 08:11 PM
Typical Buck

nice lookin mounts jw i have a fullstruter and i am sending my daughters first bird 24lbs to hazel creek will post pics when i get it back from the masters of turkey mounters

Old 06-11-2008, 08:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

He did a great job. I like the double mount very nice. I sent out mine last week to have a chest mount of it and I hope it is half that good.

Congrats bud...
Old 06-11-2008, 08:15 PM
Typical Buck

by the way are the heads freeze dried or fake
Old 06-11-2008, 08:16 PM
JW
Super Moderator

Thank you. asI said those are my real heads - he freeze dries.

I have one wall I want to stack them like he did.......that was cool and I'll post pics

I also need to take some close-ups of the heads so you can see the hair/fuzz. Was rwally pronounced in real life. I was amazed so I took photos I gave to the taxidermist.

JW
Old 06-11-2008, 08:34 PM
Fork Horn

JW,

Cool mounts. I have several turkey mounted and freeze dried IMO is the only way to go.

Goatslayer........
Old 06-11-2008, 08:37 PM
DTC
Nontypical Buck

JW, very nice additions to the trophy room. Congrats!!
Old 06-12-2008, 03:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

They look really nice. congrats
Old 06-12-2008, 04:21 AM

JW very nice my friend well worth the wait below is a pic of mine i got back from the taxi from last season tell me what ya think Bottom one is from 2005 taken in Michigan

Quick Reply: I am in heaven - don't care if I ever shoot another bird!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.