HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Turkey Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/turkey-hunting-5/)
-   -   Shock calls (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/turkey-hunting/245407-shock-calls.html)

spudrow 05-08-2008 05:14 PM

Shock calls

Anyone use a shock call? A friend of mine has a rubber gobbler call that you just shake. Anyone have any experience with this type?

Spudrow from MO

deeg1502 05-08-2008 05:21 PM

RE: Shock calls

I try to keep things simple, so in efforts to do this I primarily use a crow call. Sometimes I use a hawk screamer or a pilleated woodpecker call to get him to shock gobble. Just depends on the situation on when I use each call. I hunt a lot of public ground and using a gobbling call doesn't sound like something good to do with all the people running around. The last thing I want to do is cause more attention to my location just in case I'm on birds, but if I were hunting private ground I wouldn't see it being a problem using. It does work like a charm in the right situation. Just be aware of your location and don't do it on public ground. Good luck bud.

npockat32 05-08-2008 05:21 PM

ORIGINAL: spudrow

Anyone use a shock call? A friend of mine has a rubber gobbler call that you just shake. Anyone have any experience with this type?

Spudrow from MO
Yeah I have used. It has worked but it all depends on their mood. I have shocked them with a sand hill crane call, hawk call, crow call, and coyote calls too.

Shawn Perkins 05-08-2008 05:23 PM

yeah i just shake my head with a mouth call in...makes the perfect gobble.

lol

SHOTARYE 05-08-2008 05:59 PM

I pretty much just use a crow call. I have the gobbler call that you shake also, but don't use it much. To manyhot dog hunters in the woods shooting at noises, and anything that moves.

RIStrutStopper 05-08-2008 06:19 PM

I tried the gobble shaker once or twice. The only thing that responded was someone on the road. I quit using it before the moron decided to trespass and stalk me [:@] I'm sure they work well at times. I have my best luck with a crow call. Occasionally an owl hooter before it gets light will get them going.

nick_bleuer76 05-08-2008 06:37 PM

I just use a loud box call, or an aluminum surface pot call.

spudrow 05-08-2008 06:45 PM

ORIGINAL: Shawn Perkins

lol
How do you do that?

spudrow from Mo

RIStrutStopper 05-08-2008 06:51 PM

ORIGINAL: spudrow

ORIGINAL: Shawn Perkins

lol
How do you do that?

spudrow from Mo
Just try it. Put a call in your mouth, and shake your head from side to side while blowing thru it.

Lefty26 05-08-2008 07:25 PM

I use a short reed goose call a lot. Works good anytime of day if you have geese in the area.