Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Has anyone tried this

Old 05-07-2008, 02:32 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Has anyone tried this

actually guys i might actually try his idea....if i ever want to commit suicide. thats bad enough if it was private land, but if he did that on public land....i need to know where hes hunting so i make sure to never be in the same woods with him carrying a gun. i agree with shawn, thats one of the stupidest turkey hunting stunts i've ever heard in my life..i can only hope he posted this as a joke and didn't seriously do something that dumb. i may sound harsh saying these things but things like this are what get people shot and killed every year. and oh yeah man of death, if this offends you, just remember its a lot better to be pissed off and take our advice than to do this again and end up dead. just my opinion.
Old 05-07-2008, 02:38 PM

I should never be in danger half of you guys were on there blasting the poor fool who shot his son saying he should have identified his target right. Surely none of you would shoot at a hen much less a decoy. I guess I need to think about the fact that a few of you might be desperate this late in the season. Hope I dont have to use this tactic again
Old 05-07-2008, 02:48 PM
Typical Buck

i wasn't implying we would fire at a hen, but you have to face the fact there are several unethical hunters out there who poach hens, or just like the man that shot his son, there are hunters who fail to identify their target or are so excited they see a turkey and blast away without bothering to verify whether the bird is a gobbler or not. to be blunt, there are some idiots out there who have no business carrying a gun, and there's no sense in giving them the opportunity to take pot shots at you. its just a tactic i would never use, but hey its a free country thats up to you
Old 05-07-2008, 02:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hope you were on private land. I dont hunt public land so I could probably pull this off. I've never done that but I have crawled decoys out into a field and set them up. If you're gonna put something on your head and crawl up on a bird, just buy a ghillie suit and crawl. I wouldve loved to see that though, haha. Wouldnt do it again, be safe bud. Congrats on the bird nontheless.
Old 05-07-2008, 02:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: man of death

I should never be in danger half of you guys were on there blasting the poor fool who shot his son saying he should have identified his target right. Surely none of you would shoot at a hen much less a decoy. I guess I need to think about the fact that a few of you might be desperate this late in the season. Hope I dont have to use this tactic again
I'll never be desperate enough to shoot a hen during the spring season. Others may be though. If they're dumb enough to shoot a hen I'll bet there's people out there dumb enough to wear one on their head.

What, did you lose a bet and have to do this?
Old 05-07-2008, 02:53 PM
Typical Buck

hahaha my thoughts exactly simp
Old 05-07-2008, 02:56 PM
Banned

Last week I had a gobbler in Kansas that hung up out of range in a field I put my decoy on my head and as able to crawl into shot gun range the bird saw the decoy and started toward me I putted and shot him at 20 yards .
Don't let these downers get to you MOD. This is pure brilliance.
Old 05-07-2008, 03:05 PM

r u serious? haha prolly not? i hope
Old 05-07-2008, 03:10 PM

ORIGINAL: Shawn Perkins

r u serious? haha prolly not? i hope
OK Loud Mouth lets see what ya killed here in this post i can support 7 birds NO JAKES

MrGobbler....North Coast Game Calls
Old 05-07-2008, 03:15 PM

ORIGINAL: Bubbahoo18

Last week I had a gobbler in Kansas that hung up out of range in a field I put my decoy on my head and as able to crawl into shot gun range the bird saw the decoy and started toward me I putted and shot him at 20 yards .
Don't let these downers get to you MOD. This is pure brilliance.
thats what i was talking about bud. i was j/w if that was a joke or not calm down ther

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.