HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Turkey Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/turkey-hunting-5/)
-   -   Missouri success! *pics* (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/turkey-hunting/244227-missouri-success-pics.html)

Grasshopper13 04-28-2008 06:10 PM

Missouri success! *pics*

Hi All!

Had a great morning in MO. I was lucky to hunt with my cousin, Monty, who also posts here and was able to call in a nice bird for him this morning. I'll wait and see if he wants to post some pics and a story, but I gotta tell you...his bird was HOT this morning and we had an absolutely awesome hunt.

We took his bird in and grabbed a couple snacks after we finished up with his pictures, and cleaning his gobbler. It was 10:10 a.m. and we decided to try a new spot not far from his house. So we get there and walk for a ways in the woods and start seeing some fresh sign and decide to call. Nothing answers so we go on in a ways more and Monty says he thinks he hears a gobble. The wind was blowing some, and I didn't hear it, but trust his ears so we just sit and wait for a few seconds. Still nothing so we go on in a little further, and then I heard it. Sounded a ways away, and I really didn't think he could even hear us, but we setup and tried him. Turns out there were two. We decide we'll move a little closer, and set up again. He calls and one answers him...then both. To make a long story short, about 15 miuntes later at 10:50 or so, I nailed this 19.5 # 2 year old, right in front of his buddy! He had a 9.5" beard and 7/8" spurs. What an awesome morning! we didn't hear a great quantity, but the ones we heard were working well!

Here's a few pics of my bird......if he doesn't post his story, I'll share it a little later.

That's me on the left and Monty on the right. What a morning!

GH

Simp 04-28-2008 07:12 PM

RE: Missouri success! *pics*

ORIGINAL: Grasshopper13

What an awesome morning! we didn't hear a great quantity, but the ones we heard were working well!
Sounds like to me the ones you heard you killed! Nice job guys! It doesn't get any better than hunting with friends does it?

Grasshopper13 04-28-2008 07:54 PM

Sounds like to me the ones you heard you killed! Nice job guys! It doesn't get any better than hunting with friends does it?

Nothing like making a great memory with a great friend!

mohunter82 04-29-2008 08:15 AM

congrats to both of ya. i love hunting with my buddies.

ducksmoker 04-29-2008 09:44 AM

looks like you guys had a nice morning in the woods with the long beards

npockat32 04-29-2008 11:38 AM

Congrats to both of you. Awesome day!!!

Montyo976 05-05-2008 01:28 PM

Hey, didn't see this till just now. I already posted pics of both our birds somewhere else on here. Thanks for sharing a great day of huntin with me! We'll have to do it again next year.

Rory/MO 05-05-2008 04:06 PM

what county?

Western MA Hunter 05-06-2008 07:01 AM

Nice bird. Congrats

kdsberman 05-06-2008 07:04 AM

Congrats, thats awesome!