Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

My cousins first turkey

Old 04-26-2008, 06:23 PM
Typical Buck

Default My cousins first turkey

Today was the youth season p here in vermont we brought out my cousin who had never been turkey hunting in his life. He had never even heard a turkey gobble. I had been doin some scouting for us and built a blind about 230 yards away from were we had been roosting them. except thenight befor we had heard nothing so we were goin in with oput a clue were they were we got set up in the spot at about 4:30 am. we heard the first gobble at around 4:45. my cousin got all excited and got all already we hasd to tell him to calm down that we had a while yet there ended up being about 4 gobblers callin back and forth at around 5:10 we thought they had hit the ground and there was a hen calling to them. so i started to do some yelps and cutts and within 10 mins they were in front of us on top of a little hill witch we knew was 60 yards i had the decoy set at about 10 yards to are right they saw that and the first one ran up to here and then stopped cause he saw somthing he wasnt sure about but by then it was to late he put the smackdown on him at 23 yards at 5:25 am. the bird had a 9 1/2 inch beard inch spurs and weighed 19 pounds hes addicted for life now he already wants me to take him out again next year

Old 04-26-2008, 06:26 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: My cousins first turkey

The weird thing that i have never seen is the white in the tail fan thought it was pretty neat. Have you ever seen it befor?

Old 04-27-2008, 09:07 PM
Typical Buck

another

Old 04-27-2008, 09:22 PM

what a morning lol im so glad we got to take him out
Old 04-28-2008, 03:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

congrats [8D]
Old 04-28-2008, 08:28 AM

Hey congrats, thats a nice bird. I hunt in vermont too.