Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 Indian Creek or KICKS Chokes? >

Indian Creek or KICKS Chokes?

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Indian Creek or KICKS Chokes?

Old 04-27-2008, 06:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Indian Creek or KICKS Chokes?

ORIGINAL: BOWHUNTERCOP

I just got a email from Pure Gold, they told me to use the Hevi 13 in 3", which they feel is better then a 3.5" shell

Certainly not without merit. Did they recommend the new 2oz load?
Old 04-27-2008, 08:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: SwampCollie

Jelly Head is .690, the factory choke is .695, really no difference

There is a huge difference in performance... but thats neither here nor there.

I shoot a pure gold .670. If for any reason you are unsatisfied with it after patterning it, they offer a money back satisfaction guarentee... so in my opinon its worth trying.

For what its worth, I'm very happy with my PG, but since I like to tinker, I'm contemplating an Indian Creek myself. Of the two you listed, I'd go with the Indian Creek... heard nothing but great things about them... and apparently they will work with you on finding the best pattern/shell/constriction for your gun if you are unsatisfied with the results. And you can only shoot lead out of the Kicks chokes too.

I agree with you about the "difference". I keep telling BOWHUNTERCOP to use the Jellyhead because I too upgraded from the factory choke in my Mossberg 835 and I had a night and day difference. Awesome choke IM TELLIN YA. Spend $45 and you will NOT be disappointed. Pay attention to performance, not the constriction number. Like i said, I used the same choke as you, same gun as you, and almost the same ammo as you (only difference is i use Double-X rather than High Velocity) and I had amazing results with the new choke.
Old 04-28-2008, 06:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've got an Indian Creek in my 835 tactical and it shoots great. I shot a Rio in Kansas at 52 yards. When I was patterning at 50 yards I was still getting 25+ inside an 8 inch circle with 10-12 in head neck and spine.
Old 04-28-2008, 01:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Swamp, they didn't say what shot size, just the 3"
Old 04-28-2008, 04:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Swamp, they didn't say what shot size, just the 3"

Probably talking about the 2008 3" 2oz loads.

If you are going to be shooting Hevi-13, it would definately behoove you to shoot #6 shot if you don't already.... you've no doubt heard the two shot sizes bigger energy comparison 1000 times.
Old 04-28-2008, 04:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: titleist_03

I've got an Indian Creek in my 835 tactical and it shoots great. I shot a Rio in Kansas at 52 yards. When I was patterning at 50 yards I was still getting 25+ inside an 8 inch circle with 10-12 in head neck and spine.

Dang man that ain't hittin on much.... unless you definition of "25+" is between 80 and 120. Course if you are shooting #4s thats different than if you are using #6s. I bet that rig of yours is capable of some pretty dang tight groups.
Old 04-29-2008, 12:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Both Indian Creek & KICKS replied back to me, both informed me that the Winchester Supremes in #5 (I already use them) will be a great choice in either chokes, or the Winchester Ext. Range ammo would be better, thats if I don't want to use Hevi-Shot. Also I see from looking on Hevi-Shot's web page, they don't make a 3.5" turkey load
Old 04-29-2008, 12:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Also I see from looking on Hevi-Shot's web page, they don't make a 3.5" turkey load
Oh they certainly do my friend. The folks who do the website for environmetal tend to be a bit scatterbrained it seems. They still have FAQs up from when Remington was loading it... and they have the new 2008 products up... but lists them as new for 2007. Who knows....

Here is a link to the PDF:

http://www.hevishot.com/images/panels/turkey/HeviShot%20Hevi13%20Sell%20Sheet.pdf

You'll find all three lengths of 12ga, with two shot charge offerings in all three standard shot sizes, as well as a 10ga 3.5" and 20ga 2 3/4 & 3".

If you are going to buy some, make sure you save your receipt and print off one of the rebate coupons! $5 back PER BOX of 5 if you buy before the end of May... so you can get up to $25 back if you buy 5 boxes. Still ain't exactly BBs for the Red Ryder... but its better than nothing.

Old 04-29-2008, 02:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Swamp, thank you very much
Old 04-29-2008, 03:20 PM
Fork Horn

I have both an Indian Creek .675 & .690. The .690 is what they are finding shoots the best with the new Hevi-13. At 40 yds my 935 will put 227 pellets of Hevi-13 #6's, 3.5" 2.25 oz load, in a 10" circle.

Quick Reply: Indian Creek or KICKS Chokes?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.