HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Turkey Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/turkey-hunting-5/)
-   -   Am I Stupid, or Dedicated? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/turkey-hunting/243069-am-i-stupid-dedicated.html)

nick_bleuer76 04-19-2008 06:52 PM

Am I Stupid, or Dedicated?

My prom is tonight, it sounded pretty gay, so I didn't go, mainly because I am going to go hunting in the morning, so I didn't go to prom. Am I stupid or dedicated, at what point does hunting take over your life TOO much? Has anybody else had a similar situation, i.e. missed birthdays, doctor appointments, school???

Shawn Perkins 04-19-2008 07:01 PM

RE: Am I Stupid, or Dedicated?

oh yeah. schools a biggie. lol

Arrowmaster 04-19-2008 08:30 PM

Heck yeah. I missed my senior prom because of a doubleheader our high school was playing. Some left after the first game to go. Not me I stayed and played. But of course they shouldnt have had the prom on a doubleheader night. What were they thinking. My girlfriend stayed and watched the game. We went late. Yes we swept a doubleheader. hehehehe:D

StruttinGobbler3 04-19-2008 08:47 PM

oh yeah i miss several days of school in turkey season lol

fingerz42 04-19-2008 09:18 PM

lol if you already had bought your tux and all the other essentials to go to the prom.. and you let down your date, then i would say you should have gone just so you didnt waste your parents cash and break a poor girls heart.. lol... besides.. so what you get in at 12:30 am, get to bed by 1am and you gotta be up at 5am.. I do it all the time.. when you get back after hunting you can nap.. besides i heard sleep is for girls.. idk if its true or not ;)

TEmbry 04-19-2008 09:28 PM

Im hunting the morning of Prom, and if I can wake up on time, Ill go the morning after as well. But Ill hopefully be tagged out by then. I was 15 yards from tagging out both yesterday afternoon AND this morning.

I guess Id have better odds of just going hunting at 430, im not sure how much sleep will be had.:D;)

salukipv1 04-19-2008 09:30 PM

didn't go, kinda wish I had, but then again it's hs, so don't worry too much.

mohunter82 04-20-2008 06:56 AM

be glad you didn't. i went to my wifes prom (before we was married). unfortunately i didn't get up the next morning and the guy i was goin with went anyway and killed a huge 24.5 lb monster that was on my property.
You cant kill em if ya aint in the woods.

ultimag 04-20-2008 08:26 AM

I miss our wedding anniversary every year. Whatv was I thinking getting married on May 13?Long story it is something we had to do and it had to be done now. We just celebrate it in June.

mauser06 04-20-2008 09:34 AM

prom is pretty lame...in the eyes of guys like me...but..i still think its something everyone should do...glad i went i guess...

my buddy went one year...it ends right before daybreak...buddy drank coffee all night..came home drank more coffee...stayed up and rolled the only bird of his life lol...

ive dont alot of whacky things to hunt turkeys...one year i was hunting a big ole boss tom...dedicated the season to killing him after i seen him...id hunt before school...just enough time for a hunt right off the roost...he either came or didnt...if he came or showed intrest id stick around...if he went the opposite direction i snuck out...id then goto school soak n wet in camos and boots..class till 11 or 12...work either 11-4 or 12-5...work the 2nd job 3-5days a week from 6-11 or so...back up to do it all again!! i dont know how i did it...i hardly slept...didnt have time to eat hardly ever...never did kill him...should have...had him in range twice...but learn ALOT...

missed school mannnnnny days to turkey hunt...so bad that there were years they were sending letters and that home...mom and dad didnt care as long as i didnt get kicked out or into real trouble and i kept my grades up...looking back, i dont know how i graduated...and did so with honors..heard my HS now changed all of that and i would have never made it missing school like i did...