Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Am I An Idiot?

Old 04-14-2008, 07:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Am I An Idiot?

thats a tough one
that really sucks man
Old 04-14-2008, 07:34 PM
Typical Buck

i would make sure he doesn't see any birds i know that is for sure
and if he does its because its in the back of your truck or running the other way after i bust the birds out of there
Old 04-14-2008, 09:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

The only people I tell about places like that are folks who will share the same sort of information with me.... and those same folks are people who I wouldn't mind sharing a hunt with anyway.... that limits it to my fiancee, my best friend of almost 20 years, and my father. Hell all four of us could hunt the same 200 acres and still enjoy it since we all enjoy each others company.

My rule of thumb.... unless you like company... follow the two laws of the Mafia: Never rat on your friends, and keep your damn mouth shut!
Old 04-15-2008, 05:24 AM
Fork Horn

That reminded me of a quote I read. " I don't trust anybody but you and me, and I have my doubts about you."

Unless you wouldn't mind hunting or fishing with them ALL of the time then keep it to yourself.
Old 04-15-2008, 05:50 AM
Typical Buck

Ever time I heard a bird Gobble I would be all over it....LoL He's not your friend he's not even a Good Neighbor. I would mess him up evertime I could and when he says something then I would tell him are his buddies what they did to you.

You just don't do what this JOKER did. Now if he asked and you said No, I don' mind go get permission. I'll be Hunting on this Ridge or in this field. Then to make matters worse he invites his friends?

What have you done to this guy????.......LoL

TF
Old 04-15-2008, 07:42 AM

Go bang his wife while hes out hunting your spot. That should make you about even...
Old 04-15-2008, 07:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Lefty26

Go bang his wife while hes out hunting your spot. That should make you about even...
Agreed.... Performing a service sounds in order.
Old 04-15-2008, 08:13 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: fishguts

No need to answer. I already know.
So I tell a neighbor who also turkey hunts about this great new spot I got permission to hunt. Lots of birds, no other hunters. So what does he do? He goes to the landowner and gets permission for himself and his buddies.[:@]
I know. I should have kept my mouth shut.
Do I tell him he's an ***hole and that I wouldn't have done the same thing to him, or should I just kick myself in the *ss the rest of the season and live with my dumb mistake.
Would you do what he did if someone told you about a new spot? Extremely rude in my opinion.
Go tell the guy what an A$$ he is, then slowly poison his dog.Scatter a pound ofturnip greens seed in his frontyard and watch them grow all summer. Let the air out of all4 tires while he's out hunting. Blow a loud coyote howler while he's trying to work a bird on this property.
Old 04-15-2008, 09:19 AM
Fork Horn

any time someone askes me where i hunt or where did i kill that bird i say "In The Woods" lol.....that was pretty low on his part
Old 04-15-2008, 12:29 PM

Find another good place...kill a bird.....don't tell anyone and go on with life.

But next year send he to a real nice mosquito swamp....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.