Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Check This S!@* Out!!!

Old 04-13-2008, 08:40 PM

Default Check This S!@* Out!!!

My opener started off with three toms gobbling their heads off, I got set up, the birds hit the ground about 150 yds. from me on an adjacent property and I knew they were heading my way. I was set up about 75 yds. from the property line. I seen the first tom struttin' right down the road bed I was sitting on.I was thinking "this bird is going to heavy packing it all the way to the truck". The bird closed to about 60 yds. then it happened "BAM" the adjoing land owner whose name I won't mention (Barry Webb), cut me off and shot that tom on my side of the property line. Fellas I had to duck my head to keep from getting peppered in the face. This guy jumps the fence, grabs the bird and hops back over the fence ignoring my commands to stop. I gave him a rather vigerous cussing as he walked away at a rapid pace, never acknowledging I was there. What an A**hole.I reported it to the landowner and he is suppose to confront Mr. Webb. Just remember Barry paybacks are hell.
Old 04-13-2008, 08:47 PM

Default RE: Check This S!@* Out!!!

you shoulda shot him!!!! a**hole
Old 04-13-2008, 08:54 PM
Typical Buck

ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS NO ****IN WAY
Old 04-13-2008, 09:07 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: maglite

2nd that or at least gave him a good peperin
Old 04-13-2008, 10:01 PM
Typical Buck

shoulda shot him in the foot and laughed at him while he hopped around
Old 04-14-2008, 02:26 AM
Typical Buck

#1,

I'm sorry that this happened to you, but you did the right thing. Shooting him would be more serious than what he did, not to mention that by doing so you could have killed him. Turkey loads can kill! Then you would have been in jail, possibly for the rest of your life.

Hang in there, right it off for it was, he was no more than a poacher, let the land owner and possibly the DNR in your area handle it. Then go out and call up another bird, you can do it again.

dog1

Old 04-14-2008, 10:13 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: maglite

Yeah, sure, shoot at him,then be prepared to spend about 100-250 grand on lawyers defending you in attempted manslaughter criminal proceedingsand civil suits. All over a turkey. Yeah, that's worth it.

You did the right thing. If you are not the property owner there may be little additionally you can do other than testify at a hearing in front of a judge if the landowner wishes to press charges.
Old 04-14-2008, 10:56 AM
Fork Horn

Shoot him then bury him no one could prove it was you becouse he was never supposed to be on the land, just joking you did the right thing. But it still sucks to get cut off especially on private land.
Old 04-14-2008, 11:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like your property just got a little larger. What goes around, comes around. I'd never typically advocate poaching but I would think nothing about taking a Tom off of his property should the opportunity present itself.
Old 04-14-2008, 01:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Maybe we will see him out there on Wed. [>:]

Quick Reply: Check This S!@* Out!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.