Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 Building a natural turkey blind >

Building a natural turkey blind

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Building a natural turkey blind

Old 04-07-2008, 02:02 PM
Fork Horn

Default Building a natural turkey blind

I was thinking about making a natural blind for my hunt next weekend, have a spot picked out on the ground.Any suggestions as to size, design, etc... thanks.
Old 04-07-2008, 02:32 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Building a natural turkey blind

I nearly always take along some small pruning shears and snip off some fresh branches to stick in the ground around me to break up myoutline. You don't need much and it takes less than a minute typically. Make sure the branches arehigh enough to hide you but not so high that they get in the way of your gun and shooting lines.

I don't care much (truthfully, I despise) turkey hunting from fixed positions. I like to go to the bird where ever he is and if I can't kill him I go find another one. For that reason I've never spent any time building blinds other than what I described above.
Old 04-07-2008, 05:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

I like to find some younger saplings that are pretty healthy and I bend 2 of em over if I can.... at enough of an angle that they are around your chest / shoulders in height.
I might also find some branches or tree stalks or something else to throw in it just to break up a pattern, The saplings (1"round)are rigid enough you can rest your gun on and will make enough cover you can move your feet a little to keep from falling asleep....
I also love throwing corstalks around old fallen trees or overhanging trees...
Old 04-07-2008, 06:28 PM
Fork Horn

well just set end to end logs kinda like a log cabin with just 2 walls. and set it high enough to cover most of your body outline. and in the front facing the birds, take some fresh leaves and prop them up to giv it more color.