Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Public land..... Slobs

Old 04-03-2008, 03:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Public land..... Slobs

ORIGINAL: Mr. Longbeard

Dude... Know matter how much crying you do... Nothing is going to change... Your still going to have people walk in and hunt the same area's that you hunt... Obviously theres turkeys there... And were you havepublic land with turkeysyou have IDIOTS!!! All I can say is get use to it

I'll get to a area and be the only truck there... When I come out to leave there may be as many as 5 trucks there... It boils down to one thing on public land... Public land will make a turkey hunter out of ya
Actually, It makes me less a hunter.
Instead of enjoying the sport, I worry about someone taking advantage of it. You can be pretty sure that there won't be any hunting for our children to enjoy, cause others that make "laws" will come to the realization that if all us dumbasses runnin around in the dark were not doing so(since every good hunter is automatically associated with every bad hunter in the eyes of the media and politicians) We would not have any problems....
And all the happy animals will live in peace and all that bs...
Slobs kill our sport. End of story
Old 04-03-2008, 03:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Lanse couche couche

Is it legal to hunt turkeys at 5AM?
No but in Il it is legal to set up anytime after midnight, and unless you are hunting it's illegal to be there until 1pm. Hunting hours are 1/2hr before sunrise
Old 04-03-2008, 04:56 PM
Spike

This happend to a friend of mine hunting public land in Florida. My buddy had a turkey coming to his calls, a family of three shot the bird within 75 yards of my friend. They were SORRY it was a Grandpa, Son and Grandson, they said it was Grandpa's first bird O.K. no big deal. The next day they set up within 20 feet. They had a good shouting match and no one got a bird. But how in good sportsmanship can you do that? And what are you showing the boy.
Old 04-03-2008, 06:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

I thank god I only hunt private land!
Old 04-03-2008, 07:10 PM
Fork Horn

If you think you have it bad, just try turkey huntingin PA. I have hunted in 7 other states, nothing even comes close to it...
Old 04-03-2008, 07:14 PM
Spike

Another feather in the cap of those of us who offer hunts on private land.
Old 04-03-2008, 07:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Some people just don't get it.... I've had similar expierences and it really sucks!!
Old 04-03-2008, 07:37 PM
Fork Horn

i've never hunted puublic land but i do agree that people need to respect that other people are hunting on that land and it's not just them. i respect you for voicing your opinion on this subject.
Old 04-03-2008, 07:50 PM

There are always two sides to every story.We always think we are right and the other guy is wrong.Where I hunt at is 150 miles from where I live.I grew up in the areaand no it well,butmany years I do not get there to scout before season.This happened 10 or more years ago.The evening before season opened,I drove in a old logging trail where that had always been birds in the past.There is a turnaround spot where I parked and walked down the trail a couple hundred yards and owl hooted.A tom answered a couple hundred yards further in.I planned to return in the morning, set up100 yards away on call in a turkey.I returned to camp feeling good about my chances in the morning.The next morning there was no vehicle parked on the main road by the end of the trail.I drovein the trail to where I had parked the evening before.There were decoys set up inthe turnaround.I turned around and leftand went somewhere else and killed a turkey.I am sure the guy told his buddies about the dumbass that drove through his decoys.I don't think I am a slob hunter.I told my buddies about the dumbass that was set up on the road.In hindsight,he may have scouted the area and knew that the birds would come there to strut.In fact,A couple of years ago I killed a nice tom by setting up on that same trail closer to the main road.I made sure to park at the end so no one drove past me!!
Old 04-04-2008, 10:59 AM

Iconsider a slob to be a hunter who walks in another hunters set up Knowingly [:@]or accidentally andinstead of apologizingkicks the other hunters Decoy!
I had a hunter walk into my set up....... I had no decoys out and I was in camo, so of course he could not see me, he accidentally walked in, I said hello and waved. He was very NICE and apologizedwe talked and he said he would go to another place, HE is NOT a slob! heis a good hunter! Thats how it should be done!

Quick Reply: Public land..... Slobs

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.