Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Public land..... Slobs

Old 04-02-2008, 11:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Public land..... Slobs

ORIGINAL: dog killer

it's a free country and not everyone starts out hunting
knowing everything there is to know. i prolly pissed alot of people off but i'm not about to stay home.the only way to learn is to do it. and please don't confuse SLOB with inexperienced !
Here's some experience talking then...
If you have an area you've never scouted, and I'm parked there, and you walk in on my setup... Not only have you made the area dramatically unsafe but you've just screwed us both out of a good morning...
Go somewhere else. sure its public, but don't get shot by some dumbass believing that its gonna be ok to walk in.
Old 04-02-2008, 11:20 AM

I had a problem with another hunting party during the 2nd shotgun deer season in Iowa. We were in the timber getting ready push a public timber a and some other hunting party came in started pushing through that timber. We were standing right there in our bright orange and they walked on by us and started pushing it and as they were pushing a deer got up and ran towards us. We had to duck down behind trees cause there were bullets going everywhere. Its people like that that make everyone else look bad.
Old 04-02-2008, 11:38 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: midsouth_hunter

dog_killer,

Yes it is a free country, but also don't confuse inexperienced with inconsiderate. If you manage to stay with the hunting thing, someday the same thing that has happened to every other hunterwriting on this thread involving inconsideratehunters is going to happento you.After all the hard work in preparing for the season, countless hours of scouting to get everything just right, will be screwedup by some inconsiderateRichard(nickname) much like yourself. Then see how you feel. Have fun
first off,don't call me a DICK ! and you all assume i'm inexperienced.i'm 43 and i have hunted since i was 12.
i know exactly how you guys feel because it has and will happen to me again. what i meant was ,don't stereotype
every hunter that does this as a slob.you people need to get off your self imposed pedastal. and don't call me names.
I DON'T LIKE IT.
Old 04-02-2008, 11:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

My pedestal is white... and has my name and picture on it...
If you walk in an hour late and bust up a spread, your a slob.
Old 04-02-2008, 12:08 PM
Dominant Buck

I hunt at a highly pressured public huntng ground..Of all the fellows I've meant..90% of them have been very nice..
a. Pointing me the direction of their stands and inviting meto use them

b.Sharing tips

c.Walking in a big circle around me if they see me in a stand

2. The only bads ones are the type that tell everyone ahead of them at the gate." You bettr pull over cause I'm going ot run over anybody in front of me." Those kind I do just that...pull over and let them by..These kind usually have alcohol on their breath from th enight before..Their language also reflects their heart as well...I advoid these kind..Thank God they are not the 90%...but only the 10%.

I honestly hunt so far off the road most of the hunters I meet at that distance are true ethical die hard hunters..
The ones 25 feet in the trees..
Old 04-02-2008, 02:52 PM

knowing everything there is to know. i prolly pissed alot of people off but i'm not about to stay home.the only way to learn is to do it. and please don't confuse SLOB with inexperienced !
Thank you, i agree, i am not always in the woods before light, i am new to hunting to (been hunting three years) its is hard with a tight schedule and just because we dont know where to go dosnt make us slobs, mabey were new to the land, if you cant get out to scout because your 15 and your dad works everyother saturday, and on the days your free your working that makes you a SLOB????? not everyone can hunt the way you do[:@]
Old 04-02-2008, 02:55 PM

ORIGINAL: kingvjack

Here's some experience talking then...
If you have an area you've never scouted, and I'm parked there, and you walk in on my setup... Not only have you made the area dramatically unsafe but you've just screwed us both out of a good morning...
Go somewhere else. sure its public, but don't get shot by some dumbass believing that its gonna be ok to walk in.
Now you never said anything about a person parkin by ur truck and walking past it, that is stuipid but just because a person is late or something dosnt make them a slob.
Old 04-02-2008, 03:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Welcome to my world

It makes the turkeys weiry and when you kill one you earned him
Old 04-02-2008, 04:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Man I am glad that I hunt private land...
Old 04-02-2008, 04:28 PM
Fork Horn

I agree that its not just a public land problem. Last Year, Last Day and I'm hunting on private property. Got a tom interested in my setup late in the day. I can see him coming and I get set to take the shot when him walks in front of me. I lost sight of him about 30 yards to my right due to a line of trees and bushes. Next thing I know he running like a bat out of h#$l right past my only shooting lane. I couldn't figure out why cause I knew it wasn't me. He couldn't see me and I had stopped calling for couple minutes prior. I found out why though!!! I stand up to see a pickup truck driving up the main path to the back of the farm. The idiot passed right past my truck and has the nerve to wave at me! Well I pack up and head for the truck. I could see when the truck past that I didn't know who they were(2 people). Well being the good cop that I am, I decide to investigate. Well it turns out to be some trespassers that were going to the river along the back property line to fish. After a records check to make sure they weren't wanted(LOL), I decided to be the bigger person and warn instead of arrest. But lets just say, I don't think I will have to worry about them again!!!

Slobs?
I try not to name call, so I will just say sometimes its inexperience, sometimes its an honest mistake, and sometimes its people who lack in the ethics department!

Quick Reply: Public land..... Slobs

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.