Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Star Dot chokes???

Old 03-30-2008, 06:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Star Dot chokes???

Im in the market for a choke upgrade and have heard the choke "Star Dot" being thrown around here and there, and with good things said about it. I've searched all over the net looking for these things to see what theyre like and I cannot find a dang thing about them. Does anyone use one of these and if so how does it perform? And can someone direct me in the right direction (webpage) to check one out? Thanks a lot.
Old 03-30-2008, 08:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Star Dot chokes???

I have a star dot. It is okay, guess I got a decent pattern out of it for my 870. I've been using a ventilator lately, maybe its a little better than the star dot. I can't find any star dot links, maybe they stopped making them. I know I traded email with the company that makes them a while back, if I find it at work tomorrow, I'll send you the address. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
Old 03-31-2008, 04:39 PM

I have a stardot for my 835 and it patterns good.It seems like they were owned by Highlander sports or something like that.
Old 03-31-2008, 06:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Highlander sounds familiar. I can't find that old email, sorry.
Old 03-31-2008, 06:52 PM
Typical Buck

Highlander Sports out of Huntsville Alabama peviously sold the chokes. They have since went out of business apparently because their webpage is no longer active (www.highlandersports.com).

I found my Star Dot .676 for the Mossy 835 on ebay a couple years ago. I think I only paid 25 dollars or so new. Ebay would be the only place I know to look for one.

Good luck

Mouthcaller.
Old 03-31-2008, 07:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: mouthcaller

Highlander Sports out of Huntsville Alabama peviously sold the chokes. They have since went out of business apparently because their webpage is no longer active (www.highlandersports.com).

I found my Star Dot .676 for the Mossy 835 on ebay a couple years ago. I think I only paid 25 dollars or so new. Ebay would be the only place I know to look for one.

Good luck

Mouthcaller.
I got mine on Ebay too. I think Ebay went the Hillary route though, I was looking for choke tubes for my 835 and found exactly zero hits. Whats up with that?