HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Turkey Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/turkey-hunting-5/)
-   -   Bad luck turkey hunting. (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/turkey-hunting/238618-bad-luck-turkey-hunting.html)

deerslayer4621 03-22-2008 12:27 PM

Bad luck turkey hunting.

I have the worst luck when it comes to turkey hunting. Is it just me or do birds always hang up on creeks or something just out of sight or range where you can't get a shot, but if you move or anything they are spooked. Nothing goes right for me in turkey woods. :eek::([:@]

JW 03-22-2008 12:33 PM

RE: Bad luck turkey hunting.

YA GOTTA BELIEVE - YA GOTTA ACT LIKE A TURKEY - oh we all - those who have hunted for a few yrs - benn taught that lesson very well!

Trick is when to call or not call - when to move or just tough it out. Thing is ain't no two birds alike - what hunters here talk about takin' that Tom's temperature - then either leavin' him alone for another dayor tryin' a different approach and stick with it.

Very tough thing to exactly rxplain - but the more you are out there - the more you will learn to try.

Wish I could be more help!

JW

halfrack VIII 03-22-2008 03:26 PM

yeah me niether i've been dry for six years

Rory/MO 03-22-2008 05:23 PM

most turkeys do hang up on creeks, fences, etc
thats why you need to know where the bird is, and where the obsacles are

Tree climber 03-22-2008 06:04 PM

those things are what you learn by scouting.learn where the water , fences and streams are.you learn by your mistakes,if you don't make the same ones over and over.
you will learn by listening to the birds around you.try to do what they do and do it slowly.things will get better with time.I promise.

RIStrutStopper 03-22-2008 08:15 PM

sometimes they will cross a creek or a fence, etc. to get to you but most times they'll hang up. If you know where the birds are and you know where the obsticals are, try to set up where there isn't anything obvious between you and the bird that might hang him up. Nothing is fool proof but the more you hunt the more you'll learn.

Turkey Fife 03-22-2008 08:25 PM

Patience's Grasshopper, Patience!

those things are what you learn by scouting.learn where the water , fences and streams are.you learn by your mistakes,if you don't make the same ones over and over.
you will learn by listening to the birds around you.try to do what they do and do it slowly.things will get better with time.I promise!
Tree Climber is at the top of his game..Right now and he's right.

Read these post that everyone wrights. If it makes sence use it and remember it. They will cross a Small Creek, sometimes! I have seen them jump up on a Fence Post and cross a Woven Wire Fence. But not inthe Spring time.

The thing about ANY Hang Up, is Time, Gives the Hen's and Hunters Time to Kill Spook are Breed, Mess's your Bird up on you.

I am not saying BElieve EVERYTHING you read. But like Judge says if it makes sence it probably True.

The 666666666666666 year guy man I feel your pain. Are you just not in to Birds are messing up? Tell us something were we can help you Bust a Big One!

TF

Born 2 Bow Hunt 03-23-2008 06:16 AM

Don't give up, take every "Miss Que" as a learning experience, don't let anything shake your confidence, pattern your shotgun, never stop working on calling, read all the information you can, learn your hunting area obstacles/feeding/roosting locations, have patience and hunt all legal hours.

Most of all have fun and hunt safe.