HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Turkey Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/turkey-hunting-5/)
-   -   Another One Bites The Dust! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/turkey-hunting/237497-another-one-bites-dust.html)

Tree climber 03-15-2008 12:44 PM

Another One Bites The Dust!

[hr]
got up this morning with the wind blowning steady and light rain(off and on).I went anyway,just wind and rain ain't gonna stop me from a wet cold day in the woods.

didn't hear a thing till it was full light,then I heard a muffled gobble(sounded like a jake,trying to gobble).in about 15 min. I heard a coarse yelp.then I saw him and several jakes.they came to my yelps but never said a thing.
finally got a clean shot at 15 yards.he was 19 lbs. 4 oz. with 9 and 5/8" beard.

pic's. to follow later,maybe monday.

anyone else had luck????

Beard Buster 03-15-2008 12:52 PM

RE: Another One Bites The Dust!

congrats season doesn't start here for another couple weeks. that sounds like a good bird is rifle hunting for turkeys legal in florida? for some reason i thought i heard it was a few years ago

Rory/MO 03-15-2008 12:54 PM

great job!

Tree climber 03-15-2008 03:38 PM

ORIGINAL: Beard Buster

congrats season doesn't start here for another couple weeks. that sounds like a good bird is rifle hunting for turkeys legal in florida? for some reason i thought i heard it was a few years ago
yep rifle is legal.I don't like people using them , because a few years back an IDIOT shot my decoy with a rifle.just lucky I wasn't in line with him.[:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@]

for that reason I don't use decoys anymore and I don't like rifles.

Arrowmaster 03-15-2008 04:48 PM

Congrats...

mehunter_2007 03-15-2008 05:02 PM

Congrats.

I still have to wait another 6 weeks to hunt them here in Maine.

johnnybravoo77 03-15-2008 05:04 PM

Awsome! Still got a month and half till my season starts.

Beard Buster 03-15-2008 07:04 PM

ORIGINAL: Tree climber

yep rifle is legal.I don't like people using them , because a few years back an IDIOT shot my decoy with a rifle.just lucky I wasn't in line with him.[:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@]

for that reason I don't use decoys anymore and I don't like rifles.

see people like that are poster children for peta someone shot my grandfathers mallard decoys years ago and it about made him quit hunting a rifle is nothing to play with and they guys that use them down there probably use them on land where they aren't supposed to hunt for the range of the rifle but that makes it even more dangerous because the farther an idiot is from a decoy the more realistic it looks through a rifle scope

Arjuna 03-15-2008 07:07 PM

Congratulations.

Yes, we had luck on the Alabama opener, this morning too.

recurver167 03-15-2008 07:41 PM

Congrats.