HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Turkey Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/turkey-hunting-5/)
-   -   My turkey gun w/ pics (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/turkey-hunting/237435-my-turkey-gun-w-pics.html)

Jasonlester 03-14-2008 10:30 PM

My turkey gun w/ pics

Ok I posted on here about trying to hunt turkeys this year. I'm a deer hunter and love to bow hunt but have never realy learned to turkey hunt. After seeing a bunch of turkey near where I hunt this year it has got me going. I have a turkey gun, a Remington 870 with 20 inch barrel, that I got from my father in law. He got it in a trade, its camoed and soots pretty good. I've still got to pattern it but I have shot it in the past. It wasn't abused and I have had it for 4 or 5 years but not done much with it...

Long story shorter Someone recomended Tru Glo sights. I went to Bass Pro today and picked some up while there.

And since I installed them I figured I'd post a pick of my turkey setup.

What do you all think.

kdsberman 03-15-2008 06:02 AM

RE: My turkey gun w/ pics

What do I think? I think, and im sure i speak for quite a few people, that thats a pretty darn good looking gun.

Bigtimer 03-15-2008 06:27 AM

SWEET!!!!!! I have ordered 2 sets of those sight my 11-87 and my son's 870. I bought another type that was held on by the front bead but the bead on both of our guns are pressed in, so I returned them and ordered the style that's on your gun. Do you like them?

God Bless,

clicker1 03-15-2008 06:41 AM

That is a pretty sweet gun!! Here is a picture of my turkey guns. I just got them sighted in and ready to go. Only have to wait till May now up here in upstate NY. :)

JW 03-15-2008 07:00 AM

What's the remote for? - Don't tell me ya got sattelite all set up in your blind as I will be jealous! :)

JW

clicker1 03-15-2008 07:09 AM

Nope i dont, but that sure sounds like a good idea!!:)

Jasonlester 03-15-2008 08:28 AM

ORIGINAL: Bigtimer

SWEET!!!!!! I have ordered 2 sets of those sight my 11-87 and my son's 870. I bought another type that was held on by the front bead but the bead on both of our guns are pressed in, so I returned them and ordered the style that's on your gun. Do you like them?

God Bless,
So far they seem nice. I like them alot better than the post and bead. I haven't shot them yet. But they realy seem to stand out if you have enough light. (Which isn't alot)
I had one of the Hi-Viz ones that screw in to the front but it didn't line up right and I didn't want to overtighten it and mess it up. When I went over and looked I saw the one that clips on the front before the bead. They looked ok but I like the fact that there is some adjustment with this one. Probably won't matter but what the heck.

Jasonlester 03-15-2008 08:32 AM

ORIGINAL: clicker1

That is a pretty sweet gun!! Here is a picture of my turkey guns. I just got them sighted in and ready to go. Only have to wait till May now up here in upstate NY. :)

Those are sweet. Thanks for posting. I like the pistol grips. I saw a few at Bass pro like that. I also saw the one Remington with a thumbhole stock. VERY nice. Mine is older but seems to be a fairly good setup. I've always wanted to get a turkey and when I had the opertunity for this gun I got it. I didn't give that much for it either.

I thought about scoping mine with a see through mount (like I have on my slig gun) but haven't felt like spending that much extra on it yet.

Do you like the scoped one better?

Simp 03-15-2008 08:33 AM

That's a nice gun Jason! You'll like those sights. I have the same ones and really like them.

Rebel Hog 03-15-2008 08:48 AM

ORIGINAL: Jasonlester

Ok I posted on here about trying to hunt turkeys this year. I'm a deer hunter and love to bow hunt but have never realy learned to turkey hunt. After seeing a bunch of turkey near where I hunt this year it has got me going. I have a turkey gun, a Remington 870 with 20 inch barrel, that I got from my father in law. He got it in a trade, its camoed and soots pretty good. I've still got to pattern it but I have shot it in the past. It wasn't abused and I have had it for 4 or 5 years but not done much with it...

Long story shorter Someone recomended Tru Glo sights. I went to Bass Pro today and picked some up while there.

And since I installed them I figured I'd post a pick of my turkey setup.

What do you all think.

Good Choice!........Enjoy It....