HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Turkey Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/turkey-hunting-5/)
-   -   Who all is going to Green Swamp WMA? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/turkey-hunting/236121-who-all-going-green-swamp-wma.html)

strutnbuck 03-06-2008 02:47 PM

Who all is going to Green Swamp WMA?

Who's going to Green Swamp in search of their Osceola? When? Toms are gobbl'n and strutt'n, don't think hens are ready yet!

Simp 03-06-2008 04:11 PM

RE: Who all is going to Green Swamp WMA?

I'll be there opening week! We'll be staying in Zephyrhills and getting there Sunday. Just myself and a friend of mine coming down will be coming down from NJ to start the season off. Will you be hunting there as well? Simp

strutnbuck 03-06-2008 04:46 PM

I'm not far from Green Swamp. I usually don't hunt the first week, let you "yankees" hunt first! LOL But a friends coming down from NC and we may come Fri. and Sat. Just depends if we limit out here by the house before that! Hope you guys score and I'll look for NJ tags if we come.

Simp 03-06-2008 08:16 PM

Hey, if you see some good ol' boys dousing gasoline all over a Silver Silverado with NWTF stickers and NJ plates tell them that you know me and I'm a good guy!:D

Hey, quick question...How early does one need to be at the check-in station to get there permit? Do I need to sleep in my truck?:D

strutnbuck 03-06-2008 09:35 PM

The first 3 days atleast, you better be there EARLY! That's why I don't usually go the first week. Yes, there will be people sleeping in their trucks! Good luck, let me know how you fare out!

ultimag 03-09-2008 07:59 AM

Is GreenSwamp first come first serve as far as permits?

strutnbuck 03-09-2008 08:06 AM

After the first weekend, it's first come, first served. The first wwek you may have to sleep in your truck in line....

rutnstrutgamecalls 03-09-2008 06:53 PM

They changed the rules a couple of years ago and lowered the quota numbers also. Instead of 400 per gate they only let 200 and the last couple of years I have only seen about 50 trucks in line at 0530 when the gate opens on the south end!

I need a couple permits for the first weekend if anyone knows where I can get them! If youhave some available send me a PM or call me to work outthe details.

I really likeHunting inGreen Swamp! If you are willing toget off the road 1/2 Mile or more you will find some Birds and usually never see or hear another person! I bet the recent rain (3.5" Friday Night and Saturday Morning) and the rising Water Level in the River and Pony Creek maydetera few people that normally Hunt in the Swamp! I setup my camp lastweekend and the Tiger Mosquoitoes where really bad!